Limp mode c0073-62 torque measuring fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee3666

Car
C220d
Evening all bit of a long one but having nightmares with the car
C220d
9g automatic
Stage 1 remap
Adblue delete
Dpf delete
Cat gutted

So had a engine fitted a few weeks ago and the garage can't seem to stop the car going in to limp mode. The car is driving nice until you put your foot to the floor and it goes to limp mode. Torque measuring fault c0073-62. He advised it was a bad map so he sent it to his mapper that has put his map on it and its come back with exactly the same problem. I have the car until the 4th Jan as the garage is closed but driving it with kid gloves. Any advice or help would be appreciated only had the car 10 months and been in the garage for 6 of those . Car was paid for in cash from a private seller so no warranty either. Engine fitted has already set me back nearly £6000. Tia lee

I’m pretty certain it’s a map problem. You probably need to find another tuner or have the car put back to stock to confirm it

I’m pretty certain it’s a map problem. You probably need to find another tuner or have the car put back to stock to confirm it
It was running the same map for a few months before the turbo went with out this problem do you still think the map ?
Thanks for your reply

What happened with the engine failure? If power was down on the old unit it might not have been making enough power to trigger the torque limit. These cars are notoriously difficult to map. There are hidden torque monitors that are difficult to find

What happened with the engine failure? If power was down on the old unit it might not have been making enough power to trigger the torque limit. These cars are notoriously difficult to map. There are hidden torque monitors that are difficult to find
I will be honest mate I was driving like an idiot and it went bang with loads of smoke from the back. Done the turbo cylinder 3 and a few other bits. The cars driving lovely apart from putting your foot down straight to limp mode.

This just confirms the downside of messing with engines to get more power and defeat emissions control devices. The laws of dynamics and physics would appear to have won this one. Basic rules of engine tuning are very simple, whatever gains you think you have made are offset by losses in other aspects of engine performance.

This just confirms the downside of messing with engines to get more power and defeat emissions control devices. The laws of dynamics and physics would appear to have won this one. Basic rules of engine tuning are very simple, whatever gains you think you have made are offset by losses in other aspects of engine performance.
I agree leave them standered the adblue was the first problem so he mapped that out as merc couldnt get me the nox sensors. The price come with a stage one on it at the same time. Then the dpf went bad when the original engine blew so it got removed aswell. If the adblue hadn't have been an issue in the first place the car would have been left standard.

Ah, removal of the dpf will increase the engine output significantly. That may be why it’s now exceeding the torque limits

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom