MB POI Loader

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steviejay69

Car
W204 MY2012
Hi

I don't know if anyone has a copy of MB POI Loader version 2.4.1 - the original site (Mercedes-Benz POI Loader - Generator for custom COMAND APS POI files) seems to have broken download links?

I found an older build version 2.1.0 that doesn't have some of the enhancements and bugfixes. Download MB SpeedCams by SpeerMan Software

I'm a new user so can't receive PMs yet, so if you could link to or share the file to cloud (Google Drive/Dropbox/One Drive etc.) that'd be dandy.

TIA

Hi

I don't know if anyone has a copy of MB POI Loader version 2.4.1 - the original site (Mercedes-Benz POI Loader - Generator for custom COMAND APS POI files) seems to have broken download links?

I found an older build version 2.1.0 that doesn't have some of the enhancements and bugfixes. Download MB SpeedCams by SpeerMan Software

I'm a new user so can't receive PMs yet, so if you could link to or share the file to cloud (Google Drive/Dropbox/One Drive etc.) that'd be dandy.

TIA
Ha, nevermind. I found version 2.4.0 link does work (dunno if this is because I switched to IE mode but from the page I linked for the missing version 2.4.1).

I can probably live with this but again, might be nice....

Despite all that, I've had no luck.

The card is formatted correctly with the correct Folder name 'PersonalPOI' the file has been tried as 'PersonalPOIs.gpx' and the longer 'yorkshireandhumbersideparkrun.gpx' here is an extract of the code for the first POI there are just 63 entries.

I use the IconID=17 (the running man) and set the points as 'information' (I don't need an alert, just to navigate to them).

I used the 'other (basic conversion)' option.

1637327766364.png

Car is W204 with COMAND 4.5, it just refuses to see the Personal POIs claiming no valid files or no valid POIs or some such (I don't have a photo from the cockpit). Any ideas?

Sample POI entry below

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<gpx:gpx creator="" version="1.1" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:gpx="GPX 1.1 Schema Documentation" xsi:schemaLocation="GPX 1.1 Schema Documentation http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/gpx.xsd" xmlns:gpxd="http://www.daimler.com/DaimlerGPXExtensions/V2.4"><gpx:wpt lat="53.800388" lon="-1.590872"><gpx:name>armley parkrun</gpx:name>
<gpx:extensions><gpxd:WptExtension><gpxd:WptIconId IconId="17"></gpxd:WptIconId>
<gpxd:pOICategory Cat="Yorkshire and Humberside parkrun"></gpxd:pOICategory>
<gpxd:Activity Active="true" Level="information" Unit="second" Value="30"></gpxd:Activity>
<gpxd:presentation ShowOnMap="true"></gpxd:presentation>
<gpxd:Address ISO="" Country="" State="" City="" CityCenter="" Street="" Street2="" HouseNo="" ZIP=""></gpxd:Address>
<gpxd:phone Default=""></gpxd:phone>
</gpxd:WptExtension>
</gpx:extensions>
</gpx:wpt>

The smilies are the inline syntax on the forum :)

:p : P (no space)

Is that example all you have in the file that you are testing? Don't know how it works but to me it looks like the actual POI data is coded differently from the start of the file and all the rest are the same. Should you try to put one (more?) POI to the file and test again.

I remember there were cars that got confused if the POI file had a single entry with incomplete or incorrect data. Seems you do not have that issue if you do not have multiple points.

Is that example all you have in the file that you are testing? Don't know how it works but to me it looks like the actual POI data is coded differently from the start of the file and all the rest are the same. Should you try to put one (more?) POI to the file and test again.

I remember there were cars that got confused if the POI file had a single entry with incomplete or incorrect data. Seems you do not have that issue if you do not have multiple points.
Hi, no it's just the first record to show the structure, so I can try that. Thanks. It will be the morning before I try again.

I've zipped the full file as the .gpx is not allowable as an upload.

Attachments

• PersonalPOIs.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 5
I could try your file in my car some day. My car did not have the broken entry issue though, if there is any.

Tried your POI file on my car today. Photos show the POI menu and how the icons appear on the map.

Attachments

• Personal POI menu.JPG
    Personal POI menu.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Personal POI map.JPG
    Personal POI map.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 13
Tried your POI file on my car today. Photos show the POI menu and how the icons appear on the map.
Thanks. I've had to play with the file to make it work on mine which may suggest your system is maybe more updated than mine in some way. The mapset is only 2013 but I had to see if I could get these POIs working to maybe justify the cost of updating the system for tidiness.

I can make / use the POIs on my TomTom using makeov2 but if I'm honest the KML/CSV converter I use is making broken CSVs and I have to (annoyingly) edit them with a text editor.

Either the .gpx filename is too long for my system or the POI Category Cat="" contains too many characters / contains spaces. I edited both, so not sure which made it work. Also a niggle is why MB POI Loader is changing the case to lower when handling the .kml input (e.g. gpx:name 'Armley parkrun' becomes 'armley parkrun')

parkrun is fine....never Parkrun :)

And COMAND Navi got me to destination today better than TomTom IQ routes :) (it was in a field)

I've had to play with the file to make it work on mine which may suggest your system is maybe more updated than mine in some way.

Not sure if mine is more updated but it is a different car with a different Comand head unit (V222, NTG5). Could be different with the name handling as you mentioned but I think it also ignores entries that it cannot interpret correctly where NTG4 at least used to struggle.

Anyway glad to hear you have figured out how to edit the POI content to work properly or at least decently in your car!

Screenshot_20211121-083302_GPX Viewer.jpg

Files are for the above areas . I've got a file I think it covers alot more areas . I'll have a look and put it on if anyones interested .

View attachment 121087

Files are for the above areas . I've got a file I think it covers alot more areas . I'll have a look and put it on if anyones interested .

Yeah I used to compile a file for the whole UK & ROI but it was updated by region and then merged into one file. Since parkrun updated their events website it doesn't list by area, there's too many to compare quickly. I suppose a different methodology would work, but now I have a working .gpx I'll just update the Google map and export the co-ordinates of new locations one at a time and manually edit the file.

It will actually be simpler than re-creating the file each time as with makeov2 on the TomTom.

I'll probably just add "non-GOC" :) locations if and when.

Yeah I used to compile a file for the whole UK & ROI but it was updated by region and then merged into one file. Since parkrun updated their events website it doesn't list by area, there's too many to compare quickly. I suppose a different methodology would work, but now I have a working .gpx I'll just update the Google map and export the co-ordinates of new locations one at a time and manually edit the file.

It will actually be simpler than re-creating the file each time as with makeov2 on the TomTom.

I'll probably just add "non-GOC" :) locations if and when.
Screenshot_20211121-084541_GPX Viewer.jpg

My files.

Not wishing to be rude (to an offer of help) but all I see is a screenshot off your phone, there aren't any links or files.
I did say if anyone wants it I'd put it on. 🙄

Download.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom