• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Mercedes ML350 registered June 2011 V6 Diesel Ad Blue fill point

Dave7879

Car
Mercedes ML 350 Blue Efficeincy V6 Diesel Registered June 2011
Hi,
We have just purchased a Mercedes ML350 V6 Diesel Blue Efficiency and I can't find the Ad Blue fill point. It is not in the boot under the spare wheel, it is not next to the diesel filler cap and I can't see one under the bonnet, has anyone any knowledge of where else it could be please?
Dave

Hi Pete,
Thank you for your reply. That is what I was wondering given I can't find a fill point anywhere but I can't find any information to confirm this,
Dave

It won’t have adblue until late 2012/2013. It’s euro 5 most likely.

BlueEfficiency and BlueTEC aren’t the same

I think you may be confusing BlueEfficiency with BlueTec.

BlueTec is AdBlue, but BlueEfficiency has nothing to do with AdBlue.

And you should be grateful that your car doesn't have the dreaded AdBlue system..... it's unreliable and very costly to repair.

Also, from 'the Internet':

"BlueEFFICIENCY is a trademark name Mercedes uses for its most eco-friendly and economical passenger cars. The package of measures aims to reduce rolling resistance, aerodynamic drag and to optimise its engine technology further." (It applies to both Diesel and petrol cars, BTW).

"BlueTEC is a Mercedes-Benz-developed technology designed to reduce diesel vehicle emissions, especially nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions.... [it] uses AdBlue®, an aqueous urea solution which is injected into the exhaust-gas stream."

It won’t have adblue until late 2012/2013. It’s euro 5 most likely.

BlueEfficiency and BlueTEC aren’t the same
Hi,
Many thanks for the confirmation,
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom