• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Mercedes Warranty Quote

Headhurts

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes GLC
My 2021 GLC’s warranty expires in January 24 so I thought that I would go online and get a quote, I seem to keep running up against requiring a user name and pin from the letter offering an extension.

Do Mercedes now send out an invitation letter prior to manufacturers warranty expiring?

I know from previous experience that buying Mercedes extended warranty prior to the expiration of the 3 year new cover is way cheaper than buying after it has expired.

The attached shows what happens after entering my registration number.

Attachments

• IMG_2136.png
    IMG_2136.png
    397.1 KB · Views: 19
Yes, normally a letter is sent out to the registered keeper with a pin number and login on it. You need both of those to go through the quotation process. As it expires in January I'd expect a letter in December sometime, from experience I've usually received such letters a month before the expiry date.

Hi, I received a letter explaining that my warranty was up on the 29th of November and received a phone call shortly after. I got quoted £730 for 2 years on my C300d with 44k miles, valid for 30 days.
I purchased it approved used a year ago and it has been in a few times for warranty work, most notably spring link control arms and front shock absorbers, I dread to think what a main dealer would charge for that.
I do around 20-25k miles a year, so I’m seriously considering taking up that offer.

Hi, I received a letter explaining that my warranty was up on the 29th of November and received a phone call shortly after. I got quoted £730 for 2 years on my C300d with 44k miles, valid for 30 days.
I purchased it approved used a year ago and it has been in a few times for warranty work, most notably spring link control arms and front shock absorbers, I dread to think what a main dealer would charge for that.
I do around 20-25k miles a year, so I’m seriously considering taking up that offer.
Both my Brother (also has a C300d) and my Dad currently have extended warranties on their Cars and have no complaints with it. The only thing I would advise is to look closely at what is covered and what isn't because it isn't a like for like replacement of the Manufacturer's Warranty and is provided by a third party under Mercedes branding. As long as your happy with the price/level of cover that it offers then all is well. My Brother hasn't claimed yet but my Dad's car had to have a new Distronic Radar Sensor earlier this year. It would have been well over £1,000 to have it replaced at the Main Dealer so in my Dad's case one claim and it has paid for itself.

Thanks for the replies, my letter arrived today so I extended the warranty for 12 months at what I think is a very reasonable £432.

My dealership has an hourly rate of around £160 per hour so it would not take too much to go wrong to eat into £432, that said my car has only just topped 11,000 miles and is garaged so maybe nothing will go wrong but hey ho it’s a lottery.

Robin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom