• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

MercedesMe app says car unlocked and tailgate open

Jimmcb

Car
E53 amg 4matic
Hi all
We went on holiday couple of months ago having parked wife’s GLS at airport.
Week into hols and the MercedesMe app shows car as unlocked and tailgate open. Son despatched to check from 100miles away to car park and found car secure. He used spare fob to unlock and lock again. App reconfigured to show locked!!

Wind on to last 3 weeks when my E53 sits in Edinburgh Newbridge Merc 🤬🤬🤬 waiting on recall repair being done. Exactly the same issue. Foned Edinburgh Newbridge 🤬🤬🤬 who confirmed car is all locked up and secure - wouldn’t let me in to check mind you!!

There was some comment from garage that the app tends to do that after a week!!

Anyone else had this issue??

Jim

Hi all
We went on holiday couple of months ago having parked wife’s GLS at airport.
Week into hols and the MercedesMe app shows car as unlocked and tailgate open. Son despatched to check from 100miles away to car park and found car secure. He used spare fob to unlock and lock again. App reconfigured to show locked!!

Wind on to last 3 weeks when my E53 sits in Edinburgh Newbridge Merc 🤬🤬🤬 waiting on recall repair being done. Exactly the same issue. Foned Edinburgh Newbridge 🤬🤬🤬 who confirmed car is all locked up and secure - wouldn’t let me in to check mind you!!

There was some comment from garage that the app tends to do that after a week!!

Anyone else had this issue??

Jim
The app isn’t 100% reliable, it really depends what the cellular signal is like where the car is and its connectivity to the relevant server(s). I’ve had issues in the past but generally it’s been ok.

That’s what the dealer was saying - I really detest that western Mercedes newbridge garage from the eastern western motor group.

Really poor from many past experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom