• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Mileage incorrect, some guidance required

Juddermeister

Car
W166
Purchased motor from Manhiem Jan 2024 with a warranted miles of 129,819 car came with two service printouts to verify miles.
Roll on couple of months and after sourcing previous owner & getting a copy of the service history, the car showed that it went into Marc for a recall job in June 2023 with Miles of 130,017??

Contacted Manhiem whom have stated that I had 3 days to flag any problems so basically 'eff off which is no surprise!

Is it worth the hassle of trying to return a car 5 months later? What wrangles my nut is the fact that they must've known about the miles, choose not to disclose it & just punted it out the hall, hence the reason there was only two service print outs which made the miles look correct.

I am aware it could be a input error at the dealer but it had three recalls jobs and each one states the miles, so I'm sure they didn't enter it incorrectly three times!!

The online MOT history should have the mileage shown (thats if its old enough to have had an MOT) . Mechanics often just input the mileage manually and can get the figures wrong .

On my car a badly placed phat finger added 40K miles to one invoice !!

I believe a decent scan tool can be used to check mileage in various ECU's fitted to the car.

A discrepancy that small would make me think it was a cockup somehow rather than intentional. I get that it's 'wrong' but the difference must be fairly insignificant on a 130k mile car? If it had been sold as a 70k mile car it would be a bit different, and more likely you'd be able to do something about it. IMHO.

A discrepancy that small would make me think it was a cockup somehow rather than intentional. I get that it's 'wrong' but the difference must be fairly insignificant on a 130k mile car? If it had been sold as a 70k mile car it would be a bit different, and more likely you'd be able to do something about it. IMHO.
Precisely.

It will make no material difference to the value of the car.

Section 50 of their terms and conditions, which you accepted clearly stated that you have 3 days to inform them of any misrepresentation. Not 5 months.

It is also highly likely that when they published the mileage figure it was given to them by the seller.

Caveat emptor!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom