• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Mis Fire - AGAIN

mercman1969

Seems like as the damper/colder weather sets in my W163 (ML320 '52' plate) has AGAIN decided to start playing up

I changed ALL the coil packs and leads in March and it has run well over the spring/summer

Problem I get now is when I start up intermittantly I get very rough idle with no response to throttle inputs except some occasional coughing and kocking??

I can at times be sat pumping the throttle with absolutly no response from the engine for 2 or 3 minutes, then it decides to rev to 4k then when select into gear the same happens

Am quite worried as wife uses it to transport our 4 year old to school and has to cross the A1

Anybody any ideas??

Any members anywhere around the corby area that I could pop in to speak to tomorrow?

Would the MAF only have this effect in the colder/damper weather?

I thought it might be what would in old times been termed the choke or choke control valve

I literally get NO engine response when it is playing up from any throttle input

Anybody that can do that near me in Grantham or near Corby as visiting tomorrow

Ok folks,

am working away from home this coming week

Anybody around the Telford / Wolves area that can help me with this please

Possible that your engine temperature sensor is not telling the ECU the engine is cold so no idle or mixture compensation is taking place or you have a fault on your electronic thottle/actuator. Best to get the codes read as suggested.

Anywhere close to Cannock is fine. Would they pick it up as I work from 7am till 5.30pm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom