• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Multiple codes 2011 C220CDi

ChrisEdu

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320CDi Estate - gone E320CDi Saloon - written off CLS 350CDi Coupé
Son was driving his C220CDI Coupe today when he said it felt down on power.
Separately, I noticed a wet line on the driveway today, after he'd gone out, a line that didn't seem to evaporate (granted it's not great weather), but did seem very distinct on the granite stones of the driveway.

Attached is a screen shot of the codes read with my new Xtool D8W scanner. All codes were listed as stored, and after clearing them and running the engine, nothing seemed to return.

Any ideas or input to help him? One person has suggested that it might maybe be a split vacuum hose?

received_311635515077786.jpeg

I can see 2 fault codes regarding lack of power, the charge movement flap is usually intake manifold swirl flaps carboned up and dpf sensor failing too with the second fault code

So, having cleared the codes, yesterday evening, my son drove to and back from Southampton today.

When he got back, none of the engine relate codes were shown. Intact, the only code that was present was:

ESP
C120700 - signal from component B64/1 (brake vacuum sensor) is faulty.

this was a code that was displayed last night, too, and when I tried clearing it, today, it wouldn't let me, yet last night I could.

What does the hive think? Faulty sensor? Simple repair? Or something more at foot and needing greater analysis?

At least his Mercedes has far fewer codes, despite having more systems, than my wife's fecking Ford Focus!🤬

So, having cleared the codes, yesterday evening, my son drove to and back from Southampton today.

When he got back, none of the engine relate codes were shown. Intact, the only code that was present was:

ESP
C120700 - signal from component B64/1 (brake vacuum sensor) is faulty.

this was a code that was displayed last night, too, and when I tried clearing it, today, it wouldn't let me, yet last night I could.

What does the hive think? Faulty sensor? Simple repair? Or something more at foot and needing greater analysis?

At least his Mercedes has far fewer codes, despite having more systems, than my wife's fecking Ford Focus!🤬
If it’s swirl flap related , he will probably get recurring limp mode incidents in the future as things gunge up and then work again ….until permanent limp mode ?

If it’s swirl flap related , he will probably get recurring limp mode incidents in the future as things gunge up and then work again ….until permanent limp mode ?
Worth trying some Wynn's additive?

Does that help clean the system?
As part of a package , adding Cetane helps the fuel burn hotter and more efficiently.
Combined with driving a diesel harder than a petrol car will help the car run better because diesels aren’t made for slow sedate short journeys .
As to getting round swirl flap issues , I doubt it , but it may delay their return for longer if the engine is actually “worked “ ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom