• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

My 2006 CLK220 CDi Has the original Analogue radio, I live in Okehampton,Devon so suffer with losing signal. I would like to upgrade. Any suggestions

Stancart

Car
CLK220 CDi Advantgarde 2006
I want to upgrade to something Digital. But don't want to be un sympathic to the car and its history. I would like something with all the mod cons, Handsfree & Satnav, But I dont want it to look like a Duke Box.

Any suggestions would be great. Also depending on price I may consider Multi CD player. but thats not essential.

Regards

Nick Stanton

This is my first time using this site

I want to upgrade to something Digital. But don't want to be un sympathic to the car and its history. I would like something with all the mod cons, Handsfree & Satnav, But I dont want it to look like a Duke Box.

Any suggestions would be great. Also depending on price I may consider Multi CD player. but thats not essential.

Regards

Nick Stanton

This is my first time using this site
Welcome. There are some (mainly Chinese) units that mimic the shape of your current unit that will fit in the dash.

They will have Bluetooth streaming and almost certainly a hard drive so I don't see a need for a CD auto changer (if such a thing is still made?) and am unsure where you would fit it.

As for poor reception. Digital radio is not going to be an improvement if you are generally in a poor reception area as it requires a good and stable signal.

It may be possible to fit a signal amplifier to your existing head unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom