• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

New GLC tailgate and boot light

biomed32uk

Car
2023 GLC 300 Premium+
I have a new (23) GLC, the tailgate light and boot light seems to do its own thing, when I have the tailgate up the lights will go out after a while, and then come back on with seemingly no pattern. I was wondering if it was linked to some form of presence detection knowing how smart the car can be. Is this normal behaviour? or is it one for the dealer to look at?, I have a couple of outstanding recalls needing to be done so this can be added to the list.

Many thanks, Geoff

I have a new (23) GLC, the tailgate light and boot light seems to do its own thing, when I have the tailgate up the lights will go out after a while, and then come back on with seemingly no pattern. I was wondering if it was linked to some form of presence detection knowing how smart the car can be. Is this normal behaviour? or is it one for the dealer to look at?, I have a couple of outstanding recalls needing to be done so this can be added to the list.

Many thanks, Geoff

I’d add it to the list but could it be anything to do with the timing settings for the interior lights staying on?

I'm not sure, it could be but it's odd that it comes back on by itself. Really annoying as I was changing into my walking boots the other morning with this being the only light around and it decides to go out. I'll have to do some more testing to see if it is something to do with me leaning in the car with the key in my pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom