• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

New to Mercedes - which w205 c class saloon - 2016 to 2018

dng

Car
997.2S
Looking to purchase for an elderly family member. Set on : saloon, petrol. Car will be kept for many years.

I am looking for guidance on are there any real differences in these years between 2016 vs 2018?

I am looking at 2016-2017's Sports at a minimum + Premium (just for sunroof/keyless) but then also with some 2018 cars in lower spec maybe SE being the same price I have now thought of that as an option...

I assume a high spec 2016-2017 would be better then a low spec 2018 ( I know they have larger screen? and some have facelift?). More is there important differences to note in the production years and things to watch out for?

Any suggestions of tips appreciated!

I have a 2016 Premium Plus that had everything I wanted at the time, but I believe the facelifted 2018 model onwards has Apple Carplay and Android Auto.
Not sure if anything else changed other than that and satnav versions.

Reactions: dng
I have a 2016 Premium Plus that had everything I wanted at the time, but I believe the facelifted 2018 model onwards has Apple Carplay and Android Auto.
Not sure if anything else changed other than that and satnav versions.
Can you retrofit android auto an carplay on yours? Which version of comand do you have? Ntg 5/5.5?

Can you retrofit android auto an carplay on yours? Which version of comand do you have? Ntg 5/5.5?
I've got 5*2, you can buy a replacement unit that gives you Android Auto, not cheap though and not sure it's 100% integrated with the car.

Just a thought, but if they are elderly (or are they merely 'over 50') perhaps a well spec'd SE with more sensible wheels, more forgiving suspension, and a traditional gunsight might be a better long term fit?

Oh, and you can get car play or auto retro fitted to some head units without swapping them out if that is important (but again, if genuinely elderly, perhaps less so)

Just a thought, but if they are elderly (or are they merely 'over 50') perhaps a well spec'd SE with more sensible wheels, more forgiving suspension, and a traditional gunsight might be a better long term fit?

Oh, and you can get car play or auto retro fitted to some head units without swapping them out if that is important (but again, if genuinely elderly, perhaps less so)
yes, 70+ so that counts as elderly I guess ha

But most of these cars Ive seen are either se/se exec/sports/amg e.t.c and dont have random options bolted on and chosen, so to get a well spec'd se, may as well just go for Sports spec to begin with?

yes, 70+ so that counts as elderly I guess ha

But most of these cars Ive seen are either se/se exec/sports/amg e.t.c and dont have random options bolted on and chosen, so to get a well spec'd se, may as well just go for Sports spec to begin with?

If its for an elderly person get a better specced car with smaller wheels and softer suspension.

You need to look for either the Premium pack or Premium plus pack which have the main creature comforts.

Avoid the diesels due to Adblue issues unless they know about it, and are willing to remap or pay the cost of replacement parts / nox sensors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom