• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Newbie looking for a little advice

Barryboy

Car
Nissan Qashqai
Hi.. Sincere apologies from a newbie... I posted the below in the new member/instructions sub-forum which I now understand was not the correct place - again, apologies, but hope my 'newbieness' will get me forgiven.....

Sold my last Mercedes in 2012 (yes, we all make mistakes!) and now time for a change and I'm looking to get into another Mercedes. It has to be diesel for MPG reasons, the dodgy left knee would prefer an auto and it has to be 4 door. I'm due to retire in 4 years so this car will have to serve me until then - I'm currently doing the average 12000 miles per year so I'm looking to get a car with no more than about 60K miles on the clock. To complicate matters I am not at all wealthy so given my 14K budget and always having one eye on the running costs I am obviously looking at a C class.

I am doing the usual research but a little puzzled on one point - What's the difference between the C200 Cdi and the C220 Cdi cars from around the 2010 year? They both seems to have a 2134 cc engine and the same body shape. There's obviously something I've missed here (call me old thicky-thicko if you like) and would welcome somebody helping me differentiate between the two as these appear to be my best options, although if I can stretch the budget just a little I might be able to look at C250's.

Hoping for some sound advice
Rob

Hi... Have been told that it's just a matter of single turbo for C200 and twin turbo for C220 which puzzles me a little... If that's correct then I really can't understand why the 220 is marketed as a totally separate model and not just as a higher performance variant of the C200....

Hi, Have a look in the traders section to get a good idea of what you can get for your money, mercland for example, seem to have a broad selection at good prices IMO.

Hi... Have been told that it's just a matter of single turbo for C200 and twin turbo for C220 which puzzles me a little... If that's correct then I really can't understand why the 220 is marketed as a totally separate model and not just as a higher performance variant of the C200....

Similarily the 250 has the same size engine

Going to take a look at a silver grey 2011 C220Cdi on the weekend. 65000 miles. FSH. Supposedly immaculate. Here's the spec as they advertise it:

Satellite Navigation, Cruise Control, Parking Aid - Front/Rear, Exterior Lighting - Bi-Xenon Headlights, Voice Activated Controls, Adjustable Steering Column/Wheel - Rake/Reach, Air Bag Driver, Air Bag Knee - Driver, Air Bag Passenger, Air Bag Side - Front Side & Front Curtain, Alarm , Alloy Wheels - 18in, Anti-Lock Brakes, Armrest - Front, Body Coloured Bumpers, Central Door Locking - Remote, Centre Console, Centre Rear Seat Belt, Chassis - Sport, Climate Control, Cruise Control, Cup Holder, Electric Windows - Front/Rear, Electronic Stability Programme, Exterior Lighting - Bi-Xenon Headlights, External Temperature Display, Floor Mats , Front Fog Lights, Gear Knob Leather, Head Light Sensor - Head Light Sensor, Head Restraints - Front/Rear, Heated Rear Screen, Hill Holder, Immobiliser, In Car Entertainment - Radio/CD/MP3, Interior Finishes - Metal, Mirrors External - Electric Heated/Folding, Parking Aid - Front/Rear, Power-Assisted Steering, Rain Sensor, Satellite Navigation, Seat - ISOFIX Anchorage Point - Two Seats - Rear, Seat Belt Pre-Tensioners - Front/Rear, Seat Lumbar Support - Driver/Passenger, Seating Capacity - Five Seats, Seats Electric - Driver/Passenger, Seats Sports - Front, Spare Wheel - Space Saver, Speakers - Eight, Steering Wheel Leather, Steering Wheel Mounted Controls - Gears, Telephone Equipment - Bluetooth Interface, Third Brake Light, Traction Control System, Trip Computer, Tyre Pressure Control, Upholstery Cloth/Leather, Voice Activated Controls. We are pleased to be able to offer this stunning Mercedes-Benz C220 CDI BlueEfficiency Sport, the vehicle is presented in silver and has carried out 65000 miles.

Now it doesn't have the sunroof that I would have liked but I understand they were a very, very expensive extra so I can understand why they are rare. Can anyone suggest anything that's missing? Ideally I would like some ammunition to try to get the price down.......:D

Rob

Hi Rob,

I know you said that you are after a diesel but thought I'd throw this out there.
I'm currently selling my C250 AMG Sport BlueEfficiency 7G-Tronic, it's petrol but still returns fantastic MPG and I think is more refined than the diesel. I have a new car arriving next week so need to sell her fairly quickly. spec as follows:

23,000 Miles
Iridium Silver
Full Mercedes Service History – Serviced almost to the day each year (27/09/2013, 19/09/2014, 24/09/2015)
Becker Map Pilot Sat Nav
Full Black Leather
Adaptive Bi Xenon Lights
High Beam Assist
Cruise Control
Speed Limiter
Bluetooth phone and audio
USB interface
Parking aid front and rear
New Pirelli P Zero tyres on Rear
Bargain at £15,000

Its a fantastic car and I'll be sad to see her go. I bought from Mercedes 2 years ago.

If you're interested let me know.

Thanks,
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom