• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

No memory card error

Does your vehicle need an sd card inserted for navigation maps? If so you might need a new card or the infotainment unit tested. I would swap the card with another card with an mp3 song on it and try and play it.

Yes I had this too. Needs a new SD card as likely corrupted. I bought one off eBay and it's fine. Also gives traffic information despite saying it doesn't

Yes I had this too. Needs a new SD card as likely corrupted. I bought one off eBay and it's fine. Also gives traffic information despite saying it doesn't
a card from MB for the GLE500e costed £650

Assuming you are referring to Garmin Map Pilot, I think you'll find that there are two versions of the SD Card.

The 'first time' use SD-Card is intended for cars that never had the Garmin Map Pilot SD-Card installed before, i.e. this is the first time that this option is being used in the car. This SD-Card typically costs in excess of £500.

The 'update' SD-Card is intended for use in cars that already have an older version of the Garmin Map Pilot SD-Card installed, as an update that replaces the old SD-Card. This SD-Card typically costs around £100 for the genuine item (copies can be purchased off eBay for less).

However, apart for the labels on the SD-Cards and the MB Part Numbers, both SD-Cards - 'first use' and 'update' - are... identical.

No info regarding the SD-Card is stored in the HU, and so the HU does not know if the car had the Garmin Map Pilot software before or not (it works the other way around, i.e. the SD-Card retains information regarding the HU, and it is 'locked' to the HU after first use).

If you insist at the parts counter at the dealer that you need the 'update' SD-Card rather than the 'first use' one, they might eventually sell it to you.

Thats the full release card - you can normally use an upgrade card if the unit had had a full released cord which is much less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom