• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Noise when driving

Kerabo

Car
2006 C220 Estate
I have a 2006 C220 Sport Estate.
It’s developed the most irritating rattle when driving. Even small bumps Make it rattle.
It sounds like a worn suspension or steering joint but I can’t find a problem with anything.
all suspension, steering and roll bar joins seem ok.
same on the rear all seems to be in order.
I thought maybe a broken coil sprung but they all seem in order.
I found loose exhaust shields and loose inner wing but it’s still the same With these secure.
It’s hard to sense where it’s coming from but if I swerve side to side with the steering I feel it is better while these parts are under load.
the only fault showing is an oil leak from a front strut. It will need changing before the mot but can these rattle if low on oil?

Any ideas please.

Parking brake cable securing clips broken and the cable contacting the propshaft

I would remove the drop links for inspection.

I would remove the drop links for inspection.
The Roll Bar Links?
Its that sort of noise but I have had a lever on them and no play at all.
worse on small bumps.
could do with sitting on some turning plates do it is in its driving height.

thank you

You might save some time by asking your MOT station to put it on the ramp and rattle it with their machine.

But on saying that our MOT chappie didn't spot my noisy roll bar drop links. Replacing cured my searching.

You might save some time by asking your MOT station to put it on the ramp and rattle it with their machine.

But on saying that our MOT chappie didn't spot my noisy roll bar drop links. Replacing cured my searching.
I thought about that but trying to save the pennies.
don’t like to think I can’t find it

Thank you

Found the problem
Very slight wear on the roll bar link but I had a leaking strut I that had lost its damping so every bump Cause a rattle on the link.
I was unable to find the play in the link until I started to remove it from the strut.
Thanks all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom