• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

OM642 Diagnostics Help

StephanB

Car
w639 vito
Hi Guys, I need some help diagnosing my 2013 Mercedes Vito 122, W639, 3.0CDI.

I bought the van with no compression (stripped it and only found that the Rings where stuck + lost’s of carbon build up through the EGR, Exhaust and Intake)

Once cleaned and reassembled we got it started but it smoked like hell (Black), we found and fixed these issues so far:
  1. Incorrect Boost Pressure sensor installed, so the van though it had 2.2bar boost even when not running.
  2. Turbo Veins Damaged – Installed new Core and Veins.
  3. Turbo Actuator Faulty – Resoldered the connections and it seems happy now.
  4. Faulty injectors – I managed to find 6 good ones, all where flow tested at Bosch. (They are also Coded to the ECU)
  5. DPF Blocked – Removed the core and welded it back together. (Strangely this did not give any DTC’s, I did take it for software removal but it didn’t help the smoking issue)
The black smoke is allot better than when we started, but it’s still way too excessive. It leaves black residue on the floor just from idling. I get the most smoke under hard acceleration but it also puffs a little when driving.

I’ve been stuck on this issue for weeks, these are some of the other things I’ve tried:
  1. Checked for any blockages in the exhaust and intake.
  2. Removed Swirl Flaps Completely.
  3. Checked for Boost leaks, but cannot find any.
  4. Blanked off the EGR (Strangely I also did not get any DTC’s for this, I have not had the Software modified for EGR Delete)
There are no active or pending Fault Codes.

I attached a screen grab from some testing we did. The Lambda value I am very unsure on as there are no units. I’m not a mechanic and I’ve run out of Ideas now. I don’t just want to change out parts either. Does someone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• delphi_screenshot.jpg
    delphi_screenshot.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 12
  • img_20190630_121910.jpg
    img_20190630_121910.jpg
    572.4 KB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom