• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

om642 MAF failure check engine

votnus24

Car
C207 e350 cdi
Greetings, as title suggests, i got a check engine that goes away after a while. Diagnostics say that it is the MAF sensor. The car is sometimes rough on idle and it sometimes jerks when driving (on low rpm). Now, as a preventive maintenance, i would replace the MAF if it wasn't a million euros. Anyways, i brought the car to a mechanic to clean the MAF and other stuff. Light is not gone. After some searching, i came across a suggestion to replace the PCV valve and considering it is not expensive i will do it. There were oil stains under the turbo inlet and around the pcv.

Has anyone have had this problem with the om642 and what are your suggestions to resolve this issue? The mechanic also removed the right MAF sensor from the plastic tube and i can't fuse it now. How do i do this too?

Check there is no boost leak (splits on hose, intercooler solid), intake flaps moving... See live data all pressure senors give same reading when engine not running.

Small amount of oil inside turbo hoses is 'normal'.

MAF is usually coming with that tube system, and official spare part is not removable. You may find suitable substitution sensor, but you never know... usually MAF is attached by 5-start secure torxes.

The usual test for a faulty maf is to unplug it and see how the runs. With them unplugged the car will revert to default settings. I won't run perfectly but should be noticeably better. This is how I confirmed failure of my wife's SLK maf.

The usual test for a faulty maf is to unplug it and see how the runs. With them unplugged the car will revert to default settings. I won't run perfectly but should be noticeably better. This is how I confirmed failure of my wife's SLK maf.
`I unplugged it and it made no difference in the rpm or running of the engine. It did produce a quiet high frequency noise

`I unplugged it and it made no difference in the rpm or running of the engine. It did produce a quiet high frequency noise
You'd need to go to mb for a batwing Inc 2 mafs.

They are bonded in , you could try autodoc for mafs and possibly glue them in position with epoxy resin if costs are an issue. People have tried with little success tbh. The only other option is buying a used batwing from a breakers yard .

Jeep also use the om642 . There's these mafs out now also , fitting maybe something of a task though .Screenshot_20240616-174151.png

Last edited:
You'd need to go to mb for a batwing Inc 2 mafs.

They are bonded in , you could try autodoc for mafs and possibly glue them in position with epoxy resin if costs are an issue. People have tried with little success tbh. The only other option is buying a used batwing from a breakers yard .

Jeep also use the om642 . There's these mafs out now also , fitting maybe something of a task though .View attachment 158065
mercedes wants 1600 usd for it..............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom