• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Oxygen sensor

Adam1998

Car
C320 CDI w204
Can anyone tell me where the oxygen sensor is located on c320 CDI w204 2009 om642,and a replacement part number aswell please thanks.

Not a problem thanks mate would u also have a part number handy or replacement

It might be somewhere in this thread I did a few years ago (better double check it for your car though )

fyi I had a code for o2 sensor show up on star on a newly acquired om642 211 several years ago. The car was running well, had just passed an MOT and fuel consumption was good so I decided to leave well alone......seven years and 90,000 miles later it was just the same. The car flew through the emissions tests each year and fuel consumption was exactly where an om642 211 should be.

fyi I had a code for o2 sensor show up on star on a newly acquired om642 211 several years ago. The car was running well, had just passed an MOT and fuel consumption was good so I decided to leave well alone......seven years and 90,000 miles later it was just the same. The car flew through the emissions tests each year and fuel consumption was exactly where an om642 211 should be.
Yep , they don’t make a great deal of difference on the om642 .

my concern when I was accelerating I would have to put the boot down more on the gas pedal as it feel like there's something clogged that's why I thought O2 sensor would of played a part,as in sending the wrong fuel mixture and now the catalytic converter is clogged and maybe that's why I'm getting a clogged feeling when driving if that's makes sense.

Very unlikely to be the o2 sensor in my opinion. If I had to guess it would be turbo actuator or back pressure sensor or...... Honestly you will be wasting a lot of ££££ guessing; you need to get the car onto Star to see if there are any fault codes first. Some faults may not show a code but it is the only place to start.

my concern when I was accelerating I would have to put the boot down more on the gas pedal as it feel like there's something clogged that's why I thought O2 sensor would of played a part,as in sending the wrong fuel mixture and now the catalytic converter is clogged and maybe that's why I'm getting a clogged feeling when driving if that's makes sense.
If you are at all handy you could buy an icarsoft MB2 second hand to look for fault codes.
Other than that some almost free diy jobs are to remove and spray clean the hole on the underside of the back pressure sensor …it can get clogged with gunk .
Remove and spray clean the turbo actuator and put a tiny bit of high temp grease on the worm gear .
Do the ”resistor fix” on the inlet port motor by installing a 4.7k ohm resistor (£1 for the resistor?)

Thanks lads,better getting it on star or the icarsoftmb2,the back pressure sensor i think is good place to start,the tail pipes are pure black and its blowing abit of black smoke under heavy acceleration maybe the back pressure sensor is where the hesitation/clogged feeling is coming from,for me to drive normal it accelerates but then it has the clogged feeling then it will downshift,and then change gear then have the clogged feeling again

Checked the back pressure sensor was abit of soot build up in the hole and the sensor give that a clean same problem persists,checked actuator arm should there be a rattle in the linkage or should it be a tight fit thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom