• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Phone/Music Connections?

Desmondo

Car
c200
Hi all,

Just picked up a 59 plate C250 CDI and looking for some some info on a couple of bits.

1. I've just managed to connect my Android for phone call but have no idea how to get my contacts in there, so I don't have to use my phone to dial.

2. How do I connect my phone to play music from Spotify? I have a system with a flip out screen. I'm guessing it's not possible with the bluetooth and I can't find any option for that. I have a few cables in the glove box that end in either a 3.5mm jack socket, a USB connection or another wider flat connection (older iPhone mahybe?), they all plug into the roof of the glove box. I've tried connecting my phone to the USB one and assumed I would be able to play thought AUX, but can't find it. When I go to AUX in the menu on screen the only option there is TA.

3. It says something about disc changer - where is it?

3. What is the connection under the plastic cover in the armrest?

Apologies for the dumb questions.

TIA!

I can’t help with your existing cables but I use a tunai firefly connected to the 3.5mm aux jack to play Spotify through Bluetooth. You need power as well, do you have a power socket in the glove box? It works really well.

Same as Chris I’ve used the Firefly into aux, and ami Bluetooth adapter which plugs into the port in the glovebox. Both have been good.

ok, sorted the AUX issue for now, turns out I just needed to turn the volume up a lot!! So I'm happy I've got music for now, but I'll definitely look into the Firefly for Bluetooth going forward - thanks for the suggestion.

Anyone have any idea on transferring phone contacts? I guess it's not the end of the world, I can just just the Google assistance on the phone.

Still clueless on the disc changer and the connection in the arm rest though.

I think there was an option in some Mercs to have a phone cradle in the armrest. Ive never actually seen one but maybe that's what the connection was for? I think they might have been Nokia? (I may be making that up)

As above you need the bluetooth adapter to access your contacts although you can make and receive calls without it. They are about £150 second hand on ebay. I had one in my 2009 C63 which is now in my CLK of the same age. The connection under the armrest is for this adapter.

Is that cradle thing for iPhones (talking about a modern MB head unit that supports bluetooth HF)? I've never needed any cradle to upload contacts to a head unit phone book when using Android or anything older other than iPhone. Perhaps a setting or lack of PBaP support but then it should be possible to download contacts with another phone ("permanently" stored to the head unit address book).

Ok, so I'm guessing is the connection where a phone cradle could be attached, but don't think it's something that I'll ever need.

As for phone contacts, again - I can live without, Google is pretty good with the voice commands, so I'll just use that going forward, at least it's connected via bluetooth, that's the main things.

Anyway, got other issues to look into now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom