Question tree sap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kcsun

Car
SL63 AMG, GLE 350de, RS4
After spending most of yesterday cleaning the car we went out today and ended up having to park near a conifer tree. The bonnet now has tiny spots of tree sap on it (the car is in the garage at the moment cooling down). It has PPF and ceramic coating
Should I
Fully wash the car , snow foam, wash and dry before the sap eats in
or
Quick detailer on a soft microfibre cloth on the bonnet etc

The car is not dirty just a mist of dust and bloody tree sap

All advice appreciated

kc

I would deal with that with warn soapy (Car Shampoo) water :)

Pressure wash to blast away any surface grit, then 2 bucket method and towel dry. As stated above, warm soapy water of your choice. 🙂

In my experience of sap (I have to park under a tree):

Sap doesn't eat into the paint.
Sap does bake hard in the sun.
Sap does soften when wet.
Warm soapy water (and a soak) shifts it relatively easily, unless baked on where it needs more of a soak.

A good detail spray as Rash said but, i suppose it could depend on how well polished the car was prior
Correct.
A well treated/ waxed surface is a doddle to wipe down with a good DS.
It will mean that you can wipe the car down, reducing the need for unnecessary full washes - especially for the sake of things like sap fallout.

I’d me more bothered by the introduction of water rather than wiping the car down, regarding sap.

Thanks for all your replies, full snow foam, wash, dry and quick detail this morning before the sun rose too high. Sap all gone and car back in garage ready for the weekend

kc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom