Rear Flex Disc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrBlue

Car
C220d
Just had a call from the dealer servicing my C220d. They have said the rear flex discs are cracked and should be replaced. The car is Dec 2109 and done 26k miles. They've said this is "wear and tear" but this seems excessive wear. Would you concur with them? Has anyone experienced needing to replace these discs previously?

That does seem a low mileage.....do you have any driveline vibration or noise? It could just be surface rubber cracking and they are angling for extra work

Thanks for the response.

Nothing noticeable. They've taken some pictures so will check those out when I collect the car.

Rubber components deteriorate with age as well as mileage.

If it needs replacing , replace it with the genuine part. If they let go, it can get ugly

If it needs replacing , replace it with the genuine part. If they let go, it can get ugly
Thanks for the heads up. It's one of those things that seems you just can't run the risk. I'm just annoyed that the car is under 4 years old and this has cracked already. Never had this before with cars older than my current one (Mercedes or other makes)

We see a lot of cars that have this mentioned by mb dealers, and upon closer inspection, it's the paint cracking.

It might be worth a second opinion

A 4 pot diesel ripping its drive rubbers apart at 4 years and 26K miles ?? QUICK ! someone tell the drivers of 26K mile C63's to expect immenent catastrophe in and around the driveshaft area !

Unless they were installed incorrectly or had (for some reason) been replaced for low quality parts it is highly unlikely that there is anything wrong with them .

I had better pop out and look at mine , after all a 16 year old V8 AMG with 151K miles must have turned them to dust by now .

Oh, thats right I was under the car on the lift just a week or two back . Zero sign of wear on the flex discs. 5 years and 40 odd K miles ago when I bought it I asked my indy to inspect them , they were good then they are good now.

Get a second opinion and let us know how you get on 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom