• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Rear light seals (r129)

RichWeath

Hi everyone,

One problem sorted and another has shown itself, I've a feeling this could be a long process 😂🤣😂

I have some water in my boot in the two side parts (where CD player and battery are) after heavy rain. After reading the world wide web, it seems most likely issues are leaking arial grommet (which isn't the tightest fight, so ordered replacement) and rear light seals (which I can't find).

So wondering if any of you Mercedes superstars could point me in the right direction of where to purchase the seals.

CD player has now been removed as wasn't connected to after market radio
IMG_20231024_164910_resized_20231024_085248956.jpgIMG_20231024_171537_resized_20231024_085249334.jpg

Someone replaced the rear light clusters on your car with '99 facelift ones so worth a quick check to make sure the seals are correctly fitted/seated (you might not need to replace them).

As an aside I would also take a minute to make 100% sure the front indicator units are fully secure since those were also replaced. I lost one on the M4 once after changing a bulb ... it's quite easy for the retaining clips not to be fully home, and visually it still looks fine.

Very lightly to be the rear light seals. The water runs off the boot into the channel and then down and across the light unit then down the side of it on a ‘98 fitting. The top of the unit is a small water and crud holding spot.

Mine leaked if parked downhill, water would pool at top of the boot seal, park it level or up hill problem solved.

Mine leaked if parked downhill, water would pool at top of the boot seal, park it level or up hill problem solved.
Its actually parked uphill, waiting for replacement areal grommet, removed light seals and cleaned and replaced still got small amount of water so think may need replacing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom