• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

S203 2006 c220cdi wiring diagram and resources

Scampaboy

Car
C class 220cdi avantguard SE estate
Hi

I’m looking for some help finding resources for wiring diagrams for this car. I’m chasing some electrical faults and want to do some testing before I throw parts at it.

I don’t mind paying for something but I got burnt with Haynes auto fix on my last car, it didn’t resemble anything like reality.

I was looking at the STAR software or Xentry type things, I am really interested in the resources available within it rather than the connection. Is it possible to find a copy and just use it for that via VIN? With ISTA the bmw software, I could use my vin and pull up wiring diagrams and pin outs.

My problems is I am chasing an intermittent short on the 5v reference circuit and it could either be the loom, or the sensors at worst the ecu. The car runs perfectly fine apart from the engine warning light, but obviously I need to shift that to get passed it’s MOT. (The loom is dry of oil but I’ve identified a multitude of places for a short)

I’ve got a logical testing plan but a wiring diagram would save my life right now, and this rain stopping as well so I’m not stood in a puddle

Cheers
Scampy

You should be looking for WIS rather than the diagnosis applications although WIS usually comes on a "Star computer". The Xentry diagnosis application also covers wiring diagrams for latest MB models.

You should be looking for WIS rather than the diagnosis applications although WIS usually comes on a "Star computer". The Xentry diagnosis application also covers wiring diagrams for latest MB models.
Thanks,

I signed up to autodata for 1 month for £1 which should give me enough time to sort my problems

Thanks,

I signed up to autodata for 1 month for £1 which should give me enough time to sort my problems

That isn't expensive and if you download the data on your computer, you would not need to sort it in one month (although probably want to do it quicker). Hopefully the diagrams are accurate and clear.

That isn't expensive and if you download the data on your computer, you would not need to sort it in one month (although probably want to do it quicker). Hopefully the diagrams are accurate and clear.
It appears to be quite accurate with wiring colours so far and has most of the basic diagrams needed for the diagnostics I want to do.
I had been trying to get WIS installed from the darker sides of the net, without much success.
I was just looking for the diagrams for the 5v reference circuit, so I could decide where to start my tests. I wanted to see if I had a bad sensor, a wiring fault or needed to replace the ecu.
I was trying to figure out if the oil level sensor could bring the 5v reference down or was I looking at a short somewhere. I’m waiting on funds to get a basic scope and for it to stop raining so I’m not stood/lying in a pool of water

ECUs normally have multiple separate 5v supplies for safety, each supplying different sensors. Even a wiring diagram won't normally show which sensors on each supply. Normally if you have a 5v supply fault you'd have a bunch of other faults. If MB have done their diagnostics correctly the faults shown should give a indication of sensors sharing that supply.
I would start there and disconnect all of those. If the fault still remains disconnect more until 5v supply fault goes.

ECUs normally have multiple separate 5v supplies for safety, each supplying different sensors. Even a wiring diagram won't normally show which sensors on each supply. Normally if you have a 5v supply fault you'd have a bunch of other faults. If MB have done their diagnostics correctly the faults shown should give a indication of sensors sharing that supply.
I would start there and disconnect all of those. If the fault still remains disconnect more until 5v supply fault goes.
I have disconnected each individually but of course it’s the last one that I need to get under the car, hence waiting for the rain to stop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom