• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

S204 windscreen washer problems.

GazMerc

Car
S204
2013 S204 C220 AMG
Hi all, read a lot about w204 washer issues but cannot see any that fit for mine but please educate me if i have missed the one i need.
Basically on the S204 the screen washer pump has a connection for the rear and one for the front screen.
  • when I press windscreen washer button the wipers work but not fluid. there is no pump sound.
  • when pressing the rear washer the pump that both use spins up and squirts fluid fine
  • i have used compressed air and cleaned and blown out all line no blockages
  • i have swapped the rear line onto the windscreen and windscreen at the pump end and when i press the rear the rear wiper works as expected and pumps fluid onto the windscreen confirming no blockages.
so my question is what do we think is wrong? i would have said faulty pump but its the same pump for back and front, so ruling that out. (happy to be corrected) not blocked line as works when swapped onto rear line. so not blocked. the pump does not sound when pressing front screen washers yet the wipers work as they would when fluid pressed so i would guess that is the not the stalk button?

can anyone point me int eh right direction please?
I have attached a picture of the pump as you can see same as a standard W204 pump but with two outlets, when i switch those outlets over i can make the rear control the front but then no rear and wrong switch so not the correct solution.

all help appreciated

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 13.36.39.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 13.36.39.png
    440.7 KB · Views: 4
Could still be a faulty pump....they spin one way for the front and the other way for the back (internal valving making sure that the water goes the right way). Id be checking with a multi meter that power is getting to the pump when trying to wash the front screen first to eliminate wiring or switch issues..

Could still be a faulty pump....they spin one way for the front and the other way for the back (internal valving making sure that the water goes the right way). Id be checking with a multi meter that power is getting to the pump when trying to wash the front screen first to eliminate wiring or switch issues..
ordered a new pump to rule this out, will be here tomorrow. i will check multimeter tomorrow if that does not solve it.

My thought is that the pump is OK but for some reason the switch on the steering column is not getting power to the pump. The fact that the pump runs one way suggests that the pump may be OK, but hope you're right that the pump is faulty (hope you bought a decent one, I had a cheapie fitted and it lasted 2 months, so I had to get a decent brand one and have the job done again!).

UPDATE*
fitted a new pump yesterday and now all works ok. it was the pump only able to spin one way and yes it was a Mercedes pump i removed not a pattern one.

thank you for everyones help

My jets on front screen are being a bit awk. At moment. Left is fine..right is naff. It's like a little ball that keeps spinning Insitu.
Jet because of is just slush lol.
What am I missing... besides brains.?

Good call with the washer pump, I would have probably eliminated it as it was spinning. Well done sir 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom