Satnav map update 2016 build W205

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JHS

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250d AMG Line Premium Plus S205 Estate
My 2016 build 2017 registered W205 has never had a map update as the previous owner never took advantage of the 3 years free offer. I do not use MB or an MB indie for my services and need to update my map for a pending Euro trip. As I do not use MB I will need another way of doing it. Any guidance appreciated.

The dealership will charge you about £99 which includes 3 years free traffic. Or on ebay if you know the part number you need, you can get an SD card for around £25 maps only no traffic. I replaced my 2016 mercedes SD card for around £25 as I wasn't that fussed about the traffic in the UK. I do not know whether the mercedes traffic extends into Europe as I have never taken the s205 to Europe.

Last edited:
The dealership will charge you about £99 which includes 3 years free traffic. Or on ebay if you know the part number you need, you can get an SD card for around £25 maps only no traffic. I replaced my 2016 mercedes SD card for around £25 as I wasn't that fussed about the traffic in the UK. I do not know whether the mercedes traffic extends into Europe as I have never taken the s205 to Europe.
If it is Garmin map pilot with audio 20, update cards are now £105. they no longer include live traffic. You have to purchase that via mercedes me at a silly price £139 per year. Update SD cards have been on back order with mercedes for months.

My 2016 build 2017 registered W205 has never had a map update as the previous owner never took advantage of the 3 years free offer. I do not use MB or an MB indie for my services and need to update my map for a pending Euro trip. As I do not use MB I will need another way of doing it. Any guidance appreciated.

Your car is the W205 facelift, and it could be equipped from the factory with either the entry-level Audi20 infotainment unit with the optional Garmin Map Pilot navigation on SD-Card, or the higher-end COMAND Online NTG5*2 system with built-in navigation on internal HDD.

In either case, www.comandonline.co.uk can provide the required maps update (if you do not want to have to deal with MB dealers). They can also install an aftermarket device that will add Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, so that you can use Waze or Google maps etc and will need to update the maps anymore.

Your car is the W205 facelift, and it could be equipped from the factory with either the entry-level Audi20 infotainment unit with the optional Garmin Map Pilot navigation on SD-Card, or the higher-end COMAND Online NTG5*2 system with built-in navigation on internal HDD.

In either case, www.comandonline.co.uk can provide the required maps update (if you do not want to have to deal with MB dealers). They can also install an aftermarket device that will add Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, so that you can use Waze or Google maps etc and will need to update the maps anymore.
Thanks, checked the VIN (WDD2052082F413284) and it seems that I have COMAND APS NTG5/NTG5.5 so where does that leave me I am a complete dunce with electricety stuff.😋

Thanks, checked the VIN (WDD2052082F413284) and it seems that I have COMAND APS NTG5/NTG5.5 so where does that leave me I am a complete dunce with electricety stuff.😋

You'll need this:

And this:

Reactions: JHS
Or, alternatively, this:

You'll need this:

And this:

I appreciate your guidance which was very helpful. However £250 to update a map is too rich for me. Similarly £500 for carplay/android when I have no use for the other functions.
But I do appreciate your help.
A trawl around the internet produced this for £89 which seems to be what I need. Seems to have good reviews and is probably similar to the solution DITTRICH found.

I have purchased my last two updates on a usb stick with the correct PIN code from navi-expert-uk on EBay. The seller has a current listing at £89. You must give vehicle VIN number when placing the order. Quick delivery.
To check your map version scroll to options when in navigation, bottom of the list is current map version installed. After installing a new version these details change.
To install new map version: ignition on and usb into one of the USB ports in the armrest Comand gives prompts to enter the PIN code. Update takes a long time to load, if interrupted it will continue from when it stopped.

Just checked out the file size on the usb stick I used when updating my maps, it’s over 49Gb no wonder it takes some loading.
Latest version is: NTG 5*2 version 15 Europe 2021

The cheap ones off eBay are (most likely) PINs created by 'MB PIN code generators' which are software tools developed by hackers, i.e. they are not official MB PIN codes and won't show on MB VeDOC. That said, from members' posts, they do seem to work, and I am not here to chastise anyone over (potential?) IPR infringement... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom