• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Sliding doors 2015 Vito

Smithy860

Car
W447 vito
Hey all,

I recently purchased a Vito and the sliding doors seem to work fine apart from one of the doors intermittently doesn’t open when using the dashboard button, it makes the sound of unlocking and ‘tries’ but then stops.
It always opens when using the handle and using the handle on the inside of the door at the top.
Just wondered if anyone had any ideas?
Thank you

I'm assuming this is a 447, of which I've no experience.

Sliding doors on the 639 are a common issue, so I wonder where the similarities of design are.

But on yours, is it possible the the D hasp is in need of adjustment, if it isn't free enough to allow the lock to actually open?

I'm assuming this is a 447, of which I've no experience.

Sliding doors on the 639 are a common issue, so I wonder where the similarities of design are.

But on yours, is it possible the the D hasp is in need of adjustment, if it isn't free enough to allow the lock to actually open?
Yea it’s the 447, I’ll have a look at that d hasp. Seems strange that it opens in all other circumstances.
In fact, since I changed the fob to open the troublesome door rather than the good side all seems fine.
As always is the case, intermittent faults are the worst!
Thank you for your help.

Reactions: m80
Hopefully someone with better experience will leave the politics thread, long enough to offer help.

Just out of interest , do you have a 639? Is it the viano?
Yep. This is our 4th 639.
2007 traveliner, manual doors.
2009 Viano, c/w annoying elec doors.
2006 Dualiner, manual doors.
This 2014 Viano has the elec doors.
The side door issue has been a bugbear, but I'm now confident that the micro switch within the mechanism has been the culprit. It's fixable, and not a crazy cost.

Yep. This is our 4th 639.
2007 traveliner, manual doors.
2009 Viano, c/w annoying elec doors.
2006 Dualiner, manual doors.
This 2014 Viano has the elec doors.
The side door issue has been a bugbear, but I'm now confident that the micro switch within the mechanism has been the culprit. It's fixable, and not a crazy cost.
Quite a few then!
Yes I wondered about the sliding doors. We have 2 young kids and it’s really helpful but hopefully will work out ok.
3 dogs as well so we have fitted crates in too.
Do you have a centre console?
We don’t even have cup holders , just a huge void. They are mega expensive to add as well. £160 just for a cup holder!
I’ve seen these aftermarket Chinese jobs that fit but wondered , if you have a minute, would you mind sharing your thoughts? I’m new to the van world . Dimensionally they look ideal and match with cigarette lighter
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0898.jpeg
    IMG_0898.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0901.png
    IMG_0901.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Do you have a centre console?
Yep, home made. With time I would like to improve the aesthetics.
Made it for the 1st 639, took with me as I bought new.

2 plastic drawers

A 2 sided tray screwed on top
I shaped some 6mm ply to provide 2 cup holders to the rear of the trays. But since I've fitted 2 pop up cup holders, for our American 'Thermos' flasks to sit into.

I fitted a plastic container, to act as a bin, to the rear of the drawers. So I can drop me junk in as I drive.

It all works well enough, but like I say, could look more Mercedes like.

Last edited:
Yep, home made. With time I would like to improve the aesthetics.
Made it for the 1st 639, took with me as I bought new.

2 plastic drawers

A 2 sided tray screwed on top
I shaped some 6mm ply to provide 2 cup holders to the rear of the trays. But since I've fitted to pop up cup holders, for our American 'Thermos' flasks to sit into.

I fitted a plastic container, to act as a bin, to the rear of the drawers. So I can drop me junk in as I drive.

It all works well enough, but like I say, could look more Mercedes like.
Ah yeah looks good!
I may cheat and buy that one from eBay, worth a go maybe .
Mercedes stuff is so expensive!
I had a c220 for 5 years, loved it but anything genuine was expensive

Reactions: m80
Yes I wondered about the sliding doors. We have 2 young kids and it’s really helpful but hopefully will work out ok.
3 dogs as well so we have fitted crates in too.

My son has gone from newborn to a 6' 1" bearded teenager while we've had our W639 (17 years now). Two step-sons as well, both grown up and moved out now but we had all 3 of them in it as kids for many years. Manual doors on ours. Oh and we have 10 dogs :) so it has two-tier caging in the back with a pull out deck for them to jump in/out of the top level.

Capture.JPG

On our annual trips to Germany we never took more than 4 dogs - they went in the top, and the bottom was used as a 'boot' (with the divider and doors removed).

cap2.JPG

My son has gone from newborn to a 6' 1" bearded teenager while we've had our W639 (17 years now). Two step-sons as well, both grown up and moved out now but we had all 3 of them in it as kids for many years. Manual doors on ours. Oh and we have 10 dogs :) so it has two-tier caging in the back with a pull out deck for them to jump in/out of the top level.

View attachment 158781

On our annual trips to Germany we never took more than 4 dogs - they went in the top, and the bottom was used as a 'boot' (with the divider and doors removed).

View attachment 158780
Wow, thank you so much for sharing that!
I will say, my wife says she keeps taking photos of me staring at the van outside on a night when I let the dogs out.
I said to her, it’s because I think it will be game changing for us, being able to travel as a family obviously including the dogs is a huge thing.
I think your post is a perfect example of how a family van should be used. Fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom