• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

|Soft top problem

shaun4458

Car
sl500
I have a problem with the soft top. It basically just stopped working. I have owned my R129 SL500 for about 15 years and I did have a problem about 10yrs and had the controller refurbed so thought it might be that but had it checked its fine. My friend but his diagnostic tool on it and this came up-soft top bow A23s2 limit switch locked R- I am not technically minded so if anyone can point me in right direction I would very much appreciate it. Thanks Shaun

I have a problem with the soft top. It basically just stopped working. I have owned my R129 SL500 for about 15 years and I did have a problem about 10yrs and had the controller refurbed so thought it might be that but had it checked its fine. My friend but his diagnostic tool on it and this came up-soft top bow A23s2 limit switch locked R- I am not technically minded so if anyone can point me in right direction I would very much appreciate it. Thanks Shaun
The bow deck is the at the back of the car and it’s the part that the back of the roof section locks into I believe .
I had a similar fault on my CLK that turned out to be the wiring to the limit switch , it had broken where it kept bending during the folding process .
So maybe check the wiring to the limit switch first . I ended up buying a new switch before I found the wiring fault .

I trust that you have tried resetting the windows and roll bar…
Have you tried to manually lower the soft top and raising it, this sometimes resets the system.
The switch mentioned could be one under the sun visor, hidden behind a small removable cap, maybe try locking and unlocking the two of them..

Hopefully just a gremlin and all will return to normal..

The bow deck is the at the back of the car and it’s the part that the back of the roof section locks into I believe .
I had a similar fault on my CLK that turned out to be the wiring to the limit switch , it had broken where it kept bending during the folding process .
So maybe check the wiring to the limit switch first . I ended up buying a new switch before I found the wiring fault .
Thanks for that appreciate it

I trust that you have tried resetting the windows and roll bar…
Have you tried to manually lower the soft top and raising it, this sometimes resets the system.
The switch mentioned could be one under the sun visor, hidden behind a small removable cap, maybe try locking and unlocking the two of them..

Hopefully just a gremlin and all will return to normal..
Thanks for that will try to lower manually and see if that works, Cheers

Thanks for that checked wiring its fine, just a clicking form the mechanism when I hit the soft top switch

Does anyone know the part no for the A23s2 limit switch ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom