• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Sunglasses on - then advice please....

Gollom

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Seeking a runabout for Sue as CLK just not practical anymore 😢, and came across this Vauxhall Agila (aka Suzuki Splash I believe) which she quite likes - except for the seats. Those of an nervous disposition look no further!
My question is does anybody an idea of a ballpark figure to have the orange replaced with a rather less loud colour? Front seats, back seats. On the face of it does not look like a heavy job - I can probably take the covers off and wrap the door panels/console surround myself.

Also, any comments on the Vauxhall Agila 1.2 16v Club Euro if anybody has had one would be helpful. (also looking at i10 and Corsa). READY?

IMG_20230412_164624.jpg IMG_20230412_173531.jpg

Our oldest has a 1ltr 3 cyl Agila (Splash) , its knackered , mostly by her..
I cleaned it out the other month when she was back from uni , I needed a tetanus after , horrific
In the 3 yrs she's had it its had 2 front struts and 2 front springs plus numerous wheel trims and a bunch of tyres , kerbs and potholes are her friend.
She told me the other day the engine sounded like it was about to fall out , shes never had it serviced .. If your in Lincoln and see a black one with wheel trims missing please avoid..
My wife has a Suzuki albeit a Swift , had from new (12 Plate) ,regularly serviced , nothings ever broken in 75k miles , the 1.2 in the Swift is a Fiat engine ,dunno if its the same engine in the Agila?Splash

My Dad swears by Suzukis - he's had them for work for 35 years. First an SJ410 and currently he's got a WagonR that replaced it. They're like the cockroach of the automotive World! He had both new and the WagonR has now done about 150k miles, mostly thrashed around town and it's only had one drop link and normal fluids etc. For reliability they put my cars to shame.

If you and your wife like a bit of 'style' have a look at the Vauxhall Adam. Glam models have lots of interesting trim features plus good specs, more colour combos than you can contemplate.

111.jpeg2013_vauxhall_adam-pic-2889077126153243740-1024x768.jpeg

My daughter had a (new) Agila after university and kept it for 8-years and 65,000 or so miles. Dealer serviced for the first two years, with me doing interim oil changes, then serviced by me. It was the basic 3-cyl 1.0 litre, so not exactly the same as you're considering, but similar.

I was very impressed with it. They are effectively re-badged Splashes, different rear light units IIRC, but many parts were stamped 'Suzuki'. Other than routine servicing and one headlamp bulb, it didn't need to do anything to it. I did underseal when it was new and they're not as 'solid' as an S-Class, but I couldn't understand why people spend big money on old classic Minis etc when these newer cars are leagues ahead. I suspect that things like the i10 and Kia Picantos are much the same.

It depends what you want it for but as a second car, or local runabout, they're surprisingly good, though it wouldn't be my choice for motorways. If you can find a well-maintained one they're a good option, IMHO.

No idea about the seats.

My Mrs drives around in an i10, she loves it ! We bought it new seven years ago, and to be fair it's turned out to be a good buy. Dealer serviced for the first three years, and since then my local mechanic.
It's never once broken down and has been super reliable. In seven years it's only needed replacement wipers and tyres. I'm pretty sure that when the time comes it'll be replaced with another one !

Why not just use some seat covers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom