• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

The defrost in w210 ??

Hdanielle

Car
W210 Mercedes
My car is w210 ,2000 facelift E320, when I turn on the climate control on front windshield defrost , it blows very hot water on front windshield , if the engine temp indicator is at 95c , it gets down it to 85c , it's great but how this happens and why ? And another question please , how can I turn on coolant fan through climate control without turning on the AC just front fan , i heard it is possible ?? Waiting ur answers thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230723-221602_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230723-221602_Samsung Internet.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 2
My car is w210 ,2000 facelift E320, when I turn on the climate control on front windshield defrost , it blows very hot water on front windshield , if the engine temp indicator is at 95c , it gets down it to 85c , it's great but how this happens and why ? And another question please , how can I turn on coolant fan through climate control without turning on the AC just front fan , i heard it is possible ?? Waiting ur answers thanks.

Hot air, not water?

Of course coolant temp drops, you basically add second radiator to system, coolant flows through AC matrix and heat is exchanged water to air.

Hot air, not water?

Of course coolant temp drops, you basically add second radiator to system, coolant flows through AC matrix and heat is exchanged water to air.
Is this normal and good or something wrong ?? The temp not going more than 95 under any conditions but when I turn on the AC, it's got higher little bit from 85C to 90C on high Speed and is this normal too?..

Sorry yes ofcouse I mean blows a very hot air not water..

Last edited:
Looks like it was a chilli Dubai day that day!!!

Is this normal and good or something wrong ?? The temp not going more than 95 under any conditions but when I turn on the AC, it's got higher little bit from 85C to 90C on high Speed and is this normal too?..

I suppose its normal, I never kept front defroster on so long time I would have noticed it is kept at lower temp. I wouldn't worry.

Great, I'll use it in emergency cases in a very high temp..is it OK??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom