They walk amongst us.........................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Piff

MB Enthusiast
Car
Porsche Macan S
This morning I had to take SWMBO to Bury St Edmunds on the A14, travelling at about 8:00am.
About 6 or 7 miles before reaching Bury St Edmunds (travelling west bound) the drizzle changed to heavy rain with reduced visibility. I chose to reduce speed & sit in the inside lane behind 2 hatchbacks doing about 55 mph which I felt was just safe bearing in mind the poor visibility. I had a good gap between me & the car in front.
Other vehicles were overtaking but probably none over 70mph.
At junction 45 (Rougham) 2 vans appeared on the slip road to join the A14 and as we all know they have to give way to the traffic already on the A14. But do we all know this??
The car in front of me (a small black Citroen) slowed to allow the vans to join the A14 causing me to close the gap I had between me & her and needing me to brake.
Sensibly, the vans could see that they should give way.
The woman then stopped on the inside lane of the A14 in poor visibility causing me to stop behind her.
The vans still didn't join the A14 as they could see the accident waiting to happen.
Much light flashing by me & horn blowing encouraged her to get moving.
So close to a multi vehicle pile up in the reduced visibility.

This morning I had to take SWMBO to Bury St Edmunds on the A14, travelling at about 8:00am.
About 6 or 7 miles before reaching Bury St Edmunds (travelling west bound) the drizzle changed to heavy rain with reduced visibility. I chose to reduce speed & sit in the inside lane behind 2 hatchbacks doing about 55 mph which I felt was just safe bearing in mind the poor visibility. I had a good gap between me & the car in front.
Other vehicles were overtaking but probably none over 70mph.
At junction 45 (Rougham) 2 vans appeared on the slip road to join the A14 and as we all know they have to give way to the traffic already on the A14. But do we all know this??
The car in front of me (a small black Citroen) slowed to allow the vans to join the A14 causing me to close the gap I had between me & her and needing me to brake.
Sensibly, the vans could see that they should give way.
The woman then stopped on the inside lane of the A14 in poor visibility causing me to stop behind her.
The vans still didn't join the A14 as they could see the accident waiting to happen.
Much light flashing by me & horn blowing encouraged her to get moving.
So close to a multi vehicle pile up in the reduced visibility.
Could so easily have resulted in fatalities..
Fwiw if you have dashcam, I would inclined to report her.
That may sound a bit draconian, but better that she gets threatened with DCA and pointed towards re-training than possibly kill herself and others.

Unfortunately no dash cam. Had a “professionally fitted” on on previous car at a cost of £500 which drained the car battery. Later found that I could have had a manufacturer one fitted at main dealer for the same money:wallbash:
I believe a Porsche one is £800 to £900:eek:

Related the tail to neighbour earlier & she said she witnessed a similar incident on Thursday between Stowmarket & Ipswich on the A14.
She was on inside lane, holding back watching developments.
Elderly lady in white hatchback in outside lane doing between 50 & 55 mph with 3 artic lorries behind her waiting to overtake. No reason for her to be in outside lane as nearside lane empty.
Lorry behind her flashed his lights to alert her of his presence and rather than move over, she slammed on her brakes:wallbash::doh::eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom