Track Control Arm Ball joint S211 E270

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeoffWestWales

Car
Mercedes E Class
Hi All, MOT due next month so always take it early, new it would fail as need to replace rear reluctor ring to turn off ABS fault but the other fails listes are:

Suspension Arm ball joint excessively worn Nearside front lower (front outer)
Suspension Arm ball joint excessively worn Nearside front lower (rear outer ball joint)

Now its the wording in brackets that has confuesed me I assume by front and rear I assume the front one is on the end of the track control arm?, if so they are around £100 plus, but is the balljoint replacable or do you have to buy the complete arm?

Not done any suspension work on the old girl so not sure of the set up but in the Haynes manual they call what I would call the track control arm, the Torque Strut and the picture is not the best but thats the two balljoints I can see.

Rear outer sounds like the pressed in hub ball joint . I'd imagine the small ball joint to arb link would be middle ?

Front would be a new arm ...

Rear outer sounds like the pressed in hub ball joint . I'd imagine the small ball joint to arb link would be middle ?

Front would be a new arm ...
No mention of arb, may all be crystal clear when I whip the wheel off, wonder if they still use the yellow crayon to mark defects?

That's the only 3 ball joints on the front buddy. If in doubt ask the mot guy 👌000000576128~3.jpeg

Last edited:
Im guessing its the 2 on the far left of your great picture so thanks for that, I know the press out one but the other is called Torque arm in Haynes Manual I would call it a track control arm so not sure if that one presses out or you have to buy a new arm?. Thats the only front and back nearside lower ball joints I can guess

As mentioned, the front arm would need replaced .

Im guessing its the 2 on the far left of your great picture so thanks for that, I know the press out one but the other is called Torque arm in Haynes Manual I would call it a track control arm so not sure if that one presses out or you have to buy a new arm?. Thats the only front and back nearside lower ball joints I can guess

Not sure why that doubleposted, may as well order the lot and fix it before getting it tracked,thanks all for the advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom