• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Trailer Electrics ML320 W164 2005

DMW54

Car
ML270
After getting the tow ball I used my 13 to 7 pin convertor. I get no lights on the trailer, put a meter on the convertor didn't get any coherent readings. Had the hazard lights on but no on and off 12v albeit I could have not had the correct pins of earth and indicators. The towbar was a factory fit, on my 2001 ML270 it worked OK. I have tested the fuses, all good. Thoughts? Dale

After getting the tow ball I used my 13 to 7 pin convertor. I get no lights on the trailer, put a meter on the convertor didn't get any coherent readings. Had the hazard lights on but no on and off 12v albeit I could have not had the correct pins of earth and indicators. The towbar was a factory fit, on my 2001 ML270 it worked OK. I have tested the fuses, all good. Thoughts? Dale
Checked the voltage on pins 3 earth and pin 9, 12v. Checked the corresponding pins for indicators left and right as hazards are on. No on off as expected. Got varying voltages of 3.8 or a bit higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom