• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Tyre gunk suitability

HappytalkAgain

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C Class Estate. Vito Van 119 W447 XLWB
Mrs Ants mobility scooter has had a number of punctures lately. It’s fine if it happens when I’m working local but otherwise it leaves her somewhat stranded and vulnerable when taking the dog around the village (2-3 miles).

I’ve tried (unsuccessfully) to source solid tyres.

I’m wondering how successful the tyre gunk would be if I mass filled and pressurised all 4 of her scooter tyres/innertubes?

Does it set/cure?
Would it last forever or gradually turn to mush?

I understand she’d have to keep under the 50mph permitted speed! 😁

Her scooter is the 4mph variant which is not allowed on the roads.

Thanks in advance, Ant.

Mrs Ants mobility scooter has had a number of punctures lately. It’s fine if it happens when I’m working local but otherwise it leaves her somewhat stranded and vulnerable when taking the dog around the village (2-3 miles).

I’ve tried (unsuccessfully) to source solid tyres.

I’m wondering how successful the tyre gunk would be if I mass filled and pressurised all 4 of her scooter tyres/innertubes?

Does it set/cure?
Would it last forever or gradually turn to mush?

I understand she’d have to keep under the 50mph permitted speed! 😁

Her scooter is the 4mph variant which is not allowed on the roads.

Thanks in advance, Ant.
What size tyres are they Ant? Like Trickythemerc, I've used Slime (in my cycle tyres) to good effect, but it doesn't last forever and I found it requires topping up after a few months.

Are solid tyres going to be ok ride quality-wise?
Yeah mate. Mrs Ant has them on her Quingo Air (that’s the scooter that stays in the boot of the car for when we’re out & about).

The other scooter is much more heavy duty and has front/rear suspension so solid would be fine.

Yeah mate. Mrs Ant has them on her Quingo Air (that’s the scooter that stays in the boot of the car for when we’re out & about).

The other scooter is much more heavy duty and has front/rear suspension so solid would be fine.
👍
I had visions of it being lowered, with alloys and go faster stripes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom