• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Vaccum line

Aded

Car
W204 C180 2012
Hi all, I want to replace my vacuum line that was broke by mechanic when fixing the car,he joined it with another hose,is it possible to replace it without taking intake manifold off,it connected to intake manifold at the bottom .Am thinking off removing throttle body and pass it through the top down.Hipe this will go down easily .My car is w204 c189 2012z

Attachments

• IMG_0385.jpeg
    IMG_0385.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
This rubbery hose is it fitted in front on the underside of intake manifold?
Hose always dry rot from engine heat, they will all eventually dry rot from years of use.

Cheapest way is to remove intake and split it in half.
Then attach a new hose and tighten with a clamp.
Then be meticulously thorough with MB sealant when refitting, can't be any leaks in the system.

There was another guy on US forum who restored his old Merc and fixed his dysfunctional IM, he didn't seal it properly, after he had fired up his car it shook violently with a bad idle then his front cats start glowing from massive heat, he could have damaged them.
It turned out the intake manifold was not sealed properly when refitted, he had to fix it all over again.

Otherwise you might have to buy a new intake manifold, they don't come cheap.
Good luck Chuck. 👍

Intake manifold for your car is not the same as mine.
Front rubber hose on m112/m113 goes bad and you have to split open the IM for repair.
There's probably a different design on your.

Attachments

• M113 AMG Intake manifold 2.jpg
    M113 AMG Intake manifold 2.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 5
Intake manifold for your car is not the same as mine.
Front rubber hose on m112/m113 goes bad and you have to split open the IM for repair.
There's probably a different design on your.
Thanks mine is this type

Attachments

• IMG_0406.png
    IMG_0406.png
    463.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0407.png
    IMG_0407.png
    858.4 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom