• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Vehicle Registration Decoder?

John N

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Peterborough. - (Scot on Permanent Tour!)
Car
GLB 220D 4Matic P+
I know the normal information requests on this fine forum is for VIN Decoder in order to determine the Spec of any Vehicle! :oops:

I there a corresponding Vehicle Registration Number Search that will determine the VIN Number?:rolleyes:

I have an honest requirement to find my Father's Cars VIN Number in order to Register it as I only have Section 10, 11 & 12 of the V5C/C, I have searched high and low for the the Replacement he must have received as he has been receiving a Vehicle Tax reminder every year since he bought it in Nov 2017!😁

The Car is in Ayr, I'm in Peterborough! :rolleyes:

I know the normal information requests on this fine forum is for VIN Decoder in order to determine the Spec of any Vehicle! :oops:

I there a corresponding Vehicle Registration Number Search that will determine the VIN Number?:rolleyes:

I have an honest requirement to find my Father's Cars VIN Number in order to Register it as I only have Section 10, 11 & 12 of the V5C/C, I have searched high and low for the the Replacement he must have received as he has been receiving a Vehicle Tax reminder every year since he bought it in Nov 2017!😁

The Car is in Ayr, I'm in Peterborough! :rolleyes:
Can someone send you a photo of it from the windscreen?

I'm afraid not, very good suggestion, but the car is in a windowless locked Garage, I can access the Keys, but my Father is in Ayr Hospital, 310 Miles from where I live! 🤔
Put your registration number into Opie oil’s website. It returns the VIN but I’m not sure if it’s the whole thing.

This site gives you the engine number which is also the VIN number. EDIT my mistake. VIN is different, just checked.

I think Carvertical brings up the VIN number when you do a search using the reg number (there is a cost)
kc

Yep I have three cars and a bike plus a work pickup...could not find any of them with that site......

Would something like the Mercedes servicing website tell you? I know that for our Kuga, if I drop the VRN into the service and recall section of Ford's ETIS (now called something else), it would give you the VIN.

A the car in question is a FORD ECO SPORT what is the Ford ETIS? 🤔
You may be in luck then!

FordEtis home page

Select Vehicle Lookup from the top menu bar, and then drop the reg number into Registration Lookup. There is a caveat with this; it only recognises the number plate the vehicle was originally registered with (and thus recorded in the Ford systems), not any subsequent private plate changes.

Why couldn’t you get the VIN from the dealer who has serviced the car these last five years?

You may be in luck then!

FordEtis home page

Select Vehicle Lookup from the top menu bar, and then drop the reg number into Registration Lookup. There is a caveat with this; it only recognises the number plate the vehicle was originally registered with (and thus recorded in the Ford systems), not any subsequent private plate changes.
I did as you suggested, tried to insert th Vin into the DVLC Website and it fell over, I will try again later, but thanks very much for your assistance!

They are not very forthcoming with information, they are a Halfords Franchise and appear to think I have 'Aquired the vehicle' :(
Ah. Halfords.

They wouldnt know the registration if it was parked in their service bay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom