• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Visiting M-B Sindelfingen

gr1nch

Car
2017 W222 S350d AMG Line Premium Plus : Iridium Silver and Black Nappa
I emailed the factory and got this reply below today, which I thought would be of interest to anyone considering going. The Sindelfingen factory is about 30 mins drive from the M-B Museum in Stuttgart. I not been to either and I am planning on going in March in my new S350, which I pick up from Grimsby in the first week.

If anyone is interested I'd be more than happy to coordinate with you and we would liase with the Mods and do what it takes to make it an "official" forum visit, maybe getting a better reception [emoji2]

Code:
'Thank you very much for your email concerning a visit to the Mercedes-Benz Plant in Sindelfingen.

From Monday to Friday we offer the following factory tours for you:

*“First hand” production tour,*duration app. 2 hours
Monday – Wednesday and Friday *9:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
Thursday 8:15 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. 
Conducted in German

“First hand” production tour, duration app. 2 hours
Monday – Friday 1:30 p.m.
Conducted in English

*“Family tour”,duration app. 1 hour**Friday*3:00 p.m.
Conducted in German

*The tour will be provided free of charge for you for up to 20 participants.

For security reasons, the minimum age is set at 6 years.

*For groups of 21 or more participants, the tour is conducted exclusively for you and costs € 200 (except for trainees, students, school pupils and interns). For the transport during the tour, the group of 21 or more participants will need its own bus, which must be arranged independently. The dates must be coordinated individually with us. The minimum age for these tours is set at 14 years.

*Basically a reservation can be made for up to 14 persons*by phone*+49 (0) 7031 90-7 04 03

(Mo - Fr 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.)*and for groups of 15 persons or more by email on*[email protected].
The following information is required:

-**** Last name, first name

-**** Phone number

-**** Email address

-**** Number of participants

-**** Language: German or English

We look forward to your answer and wish you a great day!.

I'll be going in February

Thanks for this - really interesting.

I'll be going to the Museum in February, dates TBA, but can't go in March, sadly.

It never occurred to me to think about dropping into Sindefingen. I assumed I would have to limit myself to just watching the two videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RizBe-Vrwbg

https://youtu.be/VebrcoHv3cM

Its not the 5 year olds you need to look out for ! Its the 3 year olds real cunning little devils lol !

Well worth visiting both. If you can hold back on your visit until the Frühlingsfest between 15th April and 7th May then that would be worthwhile. The festival is held on the Canstatter Wasen which is right next to the Mercedes-Benz Arena and the Museum.

Both the MB museum and Sindelfigen factory are well worth a visit.
I visited both in 2014.
I originally booked the MB museum and factory tour in Stuttgart but then found out the Uterkurkheim factory in Stuttgart only makes engines. I then found the Sindelfigen factory tour which is only 30 mins south on the train and booked it as well, where I saw the S Class assemblied. There is also a few classic and moden cars on display in the reception area at the factory inc the 6 wheel G wagen outside.
While there also done Porsche museum and factory tour, likewise BMW in Munich and Audi in Ingostat.
A very enjoyable few days.

Well worth the effort. We stayed in Stuttgart and left the car in the hotel car park, train to Sindelfingen where MB had a free shuttle bus to the factory. Excellent tour.

We also caught the train from Stuttgart to the museum, easy to spend a full day there. Excellent value, €8 IIRC (2014). Museum also has a large new-car showroom alongside.

Public transport knocked the spots off of ours, surprisingly :rolleyes:

We then wandered around Switzerland before driving down to the Monaco Historic Grand Prix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom