Voltage too high

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scotty68

Car
e320 cdi
05 e320 cdi

what causes voltage too high? I got rail pressure sensor, accelerator pedal sensor and a charge pressor too high
I know it has to be something but not the actual sensor itself cause i replaced them.

05 e320 cdi

what causes voltage too high? I got rail pressure sensor, accelerator pedal sensor and a charge pressor too high
I know it has to be something but not the actual sensor itself cause i replaced them.
What is the battery voltage with engine running?

A faulty voltage regulator in the alternator can cause this, but then this will likely affect many other systems in the car.

The voltage with the engine running should be between 13.0v and 14.7v, but not higher than that.

1702545638480.png The regulator is replaceable if it turns out to be at fault . You would probably be able to get one from FCP Euro in the USA.

More intriguingly , I see you live in LA and drive a diesel car ! You must be in a minority :). In all the months I have spent in California this year I recall only seeing one diesel sedan , an old S class.

Good shout

View attachment 150706 The regulator is replaceable if it turns out to be at fault . You would probably be able to get one from FCP Euro in the USA.

More intriguingly , I see you live in LA and drive a diesel car ! You must be in a minority :). In all the months I have spent in California this year I recall only seeing one diesel sedan , an old S class.
I replaced it and still the same.
yah, it's rare in LA but that means nobody knows how to fix it and no parts for it. :(
anybody in LA can help?

It should be 14.4 volts running. What do you have exactly when you increase the revs and the volt meter on the back of the alternator.

What was the actual error and the wording? Those are 5v analogue sensors you mention, so I expect ECU will report a short circuit to battery voltage if the voltage at the signal pin is 5v or above.
All ECU signal pins will either have an internal pull up or pull down resistor to be able to detect open circuit faults. If those pins happen to have a pull up, an open circuit would report as short circuit to battery too

Charge pressure high isn’t voltage just in case that’s what you’re confusing??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom