• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W124 200e automatic transmission

Dhooool

Car
W124 200 1992
Hi there ,

Looking for w124 200e ,1992 model 4 speed automatic transmission. (M102 engine)

If im not wrong ,part# 72240003227052

Need to replace as water entered inside the box.

Please let me know if anything available or a hand to reach out with.

Does your W124 absolutely need a new box? I've just read a thread on another forum (not MB) where a guy cured all his shifting problems with a fluid change. The old fluid was full of water and described as having no viscosity to speak of (this gleaned from oil analysis).

Is it water or coolant that has contaminated yours (leaking saddle cooler)?

Does your W124 absolutely need a new box? I've just read a thread on another forum (not MB) where a guy cured all his shifting problems with a fluid change. The old fluid was full of water and described as having no viscosity to speak of (this gleaned from oil analysis).

Is it water or coolant that has contaminated yours (leaking saddle cooler)?
I have flushed now more than 3-4] times with new oil . Now the upshift is working good.
But if i put in Reverse gear , the car does move slowly/sometimesnot move. When i hit the gas , there is no power in reverse. Kinda feel like reverse clutch is damaged.

The idea of changing the entire gearbox is i read that once the water enters into the gearbox, slowly it kills one by one.

I have flushed now more than 3-4] times with new oil . Now the upshift is working good.
But if i put in Reverse gear , the car does move slowly/sometimesnot move. When i hit the gas , there is no power in reverse. Kinda feel like reverse clutch is damaged.
If repairing that requires striping the box then I guess you are as well seek a replacement.
The idea of changing the entire gearbox is i read that once the water enters into the gearbox, slowly it kills one by one.
It doesn't do them any favours.

Check the small switch on the throttle linkage to make sure it is working ,,it tells the ecu information for auto box .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom