• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

[W169 / A200 Turbo] Help with a part number?

tommerc49

Car
B200 CDI Sport (W245) / A200 Turbo Manual (W169)
My OCD's getting the better of me so I'm trying to get rid of a couple of annoying noises from my engine bay...
One of which is (what I believe to be) the alternator pulley/ belt, which I read somewhere is quite common for being noisy and with that I'm not even sure if replacing it is worthwhile.

The other one seems as though replacing the part would cure the problem however but I'm not entirely sure what the part is called and I also haven't been able to locate a part number on the existing unit.
It doesn't seem to want to come out of the inlet manifold (without extreme persuasion) and I'm reluctant to force it out in case I damage it prior to buying a replacement.

The part in question looks like some kind of valve and has a vacuum hose attached to it labelled "MOT".
Pic attached.
It sounds as if there's a ball bearing inside it which has gotten loose and is rattling around when the engine is running.

Can anyone help me identify the part? A part number would be great but even the name of the part would give me something to go on. Many thanks

IMG_7304.JPG IMG_7305.JPG

Is it A 169 470 02 93 'Valve' 'Regeneration Valve' 'not valid for option 924 Natural Gas Operation' ?

Reactions: GLK
Moved this to 'Engine' section.

NB. All requests for part numbers would be greatly helped by inclusion of the vehicle Vin number. Even Codger, who is a master in the black art of the EPC, would find it easier.

Thanks.

d9356e94a054feb83b5107025d563bdd.jpg

Google Translate

Apologies for the delayed response but I posted this prior to leaving the country for a month. Anyway..
Thanks a lot for the help peeps. Now to try and get one ordered.
I've tried several motor factors already, but seemingly the only place I could get one from is Mercedes themselves. I was quoted a little over a ton for one (but they don't have any in the country and nor can they advise how long it'd take to get one for me). Strange!

Ps. Will remember the Vin number next time.
**I'm slowing getting to grips with Merc ownership** :-)

Look on yours to see if its a Pierberg or a Bosch part then look on line. Often there will be two part numbers one belonging to Merc and the other the Manufacturer

Look on yours to see if its a Pierberg or a Bosch part then look on line. Often there will be two part numbers one belonging to Merc and the other the Manufacturer
Thanks, someone else mentioned this too. The thing is...
It's a Bosch part, but the only part number I was able to find was the A1694700293 one (now confirmed by inspecting the part itself on the car). All the motor factors have said this number isn't returning any results for them, and that it's a Mercedes part number. I've spent many hours searching the web trying to find a Bosch part number but to no avail. Seems strange that there's nothing in the Bosch database online

aupload_2017-12-6_10-21-31.png

Thanks, someone else mentioned this too. The thing is...
It's a Bosch part, but the only part number I was able to find was the A1694700293 one (now confirmed by inspecting the part itself on the car). All the motor factors have said this number isn't returning any results for them, and that it's a Mercedes part number. I've spent many hours searching the web trying to find a Bosch part number but to no avail. Seems strange that there's nothing in the Bosch database online

Hope that ^^^ may be of some help mate. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom