W203 C320cdi om642 more woes! fuel quantity control short ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think they didn't do anything to the ecu the first two times and where just hoping for the best

I think they didn't do anything to the ecu the first two times and where just hoping for the best
That really wouldn't surprise me, its a shame people like that can trade under a supposedly reputable tuners name as an authorised dealer or whatever, and be so incompetent, bearing in mind, this place is also a used car sales site, a servicing and repair garage and mot tester! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
After the second ecu failed, with the quantity control short to ground, they wouldn't actually take the car back and fix it, they said its not their problem and there is other faults. So I removed the ecu and sent it to actronics to be tested came back that it was in fact faulty and it had been damaged. In the end I threatened them with court action, via a legal letter, then they said they wanted to look at the car again, which is when they sourced another ecu and had celtic tuning themselves map it. They had the car for almost a month

"celtic tuning".

They have a reputation in the industry. Some of their agents may have limited training or tech experience.

"celtic tuning".

They have a reputation in the industry. Some of their agents may have limited training or tech experience.
Why am I not surprised! 🤣😒 Seems a lot of the reviews and testimonials are bullshit then! 🤣 What makes it worse, the garage that did it had pictures of my car advertising their remapping service on their Facebook page!
I really wanted to comment on it, don't take your car here, if its more involved than plugging in to obd port, they'll kill your car and then deny it!

That really wouldn't surprise me, its a shame people like that can trade under a supposedly reputable tuners name as an authorised dealer or whatever, and be so incompetent, bearing in mind, this place is also a used car sales site, a servicing and repair garage and mot tester! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
After the second ecu failed, with the quantity control short to ground, they wouldn't actually take the car back and fix it, they said its not their problem and there is other faults. So I removed the ecu and sent it to actronics to be tested came back that it was in fact faulty and it had been damaged. In the end I threatened them with court action, via a legal letter, then they said they wanted to look at the car again, which is when they sourced another ecu and had celtic tuning themselves map it. They had the car for almost a month

A second hand car trader shafting a customer? Shocked I tell thee.

Seriously, I'd have got the un-remap and egr back in...

A second hand car trader shafting a customer? Shocked I tell thee.

Seriously, I'd have got the un-remap and egr back in...
Haha, just to clarify, I didn’t buy the car from them. Just took it there for a remap as they were supposed to be a reputable garage local to me who where also authorised Celtic tuning agents!
Lessons certainly learnt ! 😂

First two pictures are at idle just after starting
IMG_6634.JPGIMG_6635.JPG

Next two are at 2500 rpm

IMG_6636.JPGIMG_6637.JPG

Next two are at 2500 rpm after removing and cleaning back pressure sensor, there was some black sludge in the hole but not completely blocked
IMG_6639.JPGIMG_6640.JPG

Next two are at idle after cleaning the back pressure sensor
IMG_6641.JPGIMG_6642.JPG

What I have noticed, is that the back pressure value rises with revs, but takes quite a while to come back down

Heard many bad stories of celtic tuning, their model is like a pyramid scheme and they are pretty clueless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom