• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W203 Steering Wheel

TwoProng

Car
W203 C-Class
20230411_161355_copy_1612x1209.jpg
Afternoon all!

Just bought a 2005 W203 C-Class as a bit of a project and need a little bit of help from the MB community.

I'm looking at getting the steering wheel retrimmed but I can't work out what colour it is. The interior of the car is Pebble Beige and it's an Elegance spec but I can't establish if the steering wheel is grey or Java. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Attachments

• 20230411_161351_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    20230411_161351_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    555.8 KB · Views: 7
From your photos, the steering wheel certainly doesn't look grey.
BUT .... I don't know what color Java is.
Certainly the interior looks beige.

As far as I know Java colour is very dark brown, nearly black (named after the Java coffee beans).

Before you get it retrimmed, I reckon that could be improved dramatically with some leather cleaner... gently worked in to the grain with a soft brush, then wiped with a damp microfibre and repeat if necessary. I can recommend Colourlock 'strong' leather cleaner, no affiliation, best I've used.

Will bring up the seats and vinyl trim a treat too, top the seats off with a small amount of the colourlock Leather Protector.

Cheers all for the feedback. @PRSboy i did think about doing that but the problem is the leather is all cracked around the 12 to 2 o clock position which wouldn't be affected by any cleaning.

I did come across some info yesterday that suggested the wheel might also be known as "pebble" or "stone" in colour but I can't seem to find any of these for sale as a suitable replacement in lieu of a retrim.

Right, I'm now pretty convinced it is "Beige" or "Mushroom" as I've seen it in places. It's also shared with the W211 E-Class of the same era.

If anyone knows where I might be able to get hold of a replacement, I'd be very grateful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom