• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W204 C CLASS water pump

Wasim7812

Car
Mercedes C250(W204) 13 Plate
Hi - I’ve had a water pump leak for about 4 weeks which I have not had the time to sort (I know too long!)
I need a water pump with housing and was wondering if anyone knows or can send me a link for one as I am not sure which one to get (looked on eurocar parts etc) as I am not too knowledgeable myself .

Also I know I have left it a long time already but would it be risky/damaging to the car if I had to leave it for another week?(potentially)

I have been topping up the coolant every week and it’s only today I’ve noticed the temp has been going below 90 to about 80 for a few seconds then back to 90 (90 being the normal expected temp) it has never gone over 90 or over heated .

Thank you in advance!

Try your local MB dealer for a water pump. It will be more expensive than euro but it is possible it is not a huge difference - and you know for certain that you have the right one for your car and OE quality. Worth a phone call. Or look on ebay at the MB Newcastle or Edinburgh shops and contact them for a price.

O and you won't do any more damage as long as you
1. don't allow the car to overheat
2. don't put lots of (esp hard) tap water in topping it up - best to change the coolant if you have done that
3. don't put cold water into a hot cooling system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom