• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W204 C220 DPF Sensor removal

AsifS

Car
W204
Hi All,

I need to replace the DPF sensor on my OM651 W204 C220 which is between the air filter box and the bulk head. The gap is very small but I have managed to undo the bolt and the clic clips.

How do you pull of the two pipes from the sensor?

I am I removing it correctly or should I be taking off the air filter box? I can see the re-fitting of the new sensor quite difficult due to the small space behind the filter and the pipes.

thanks

Hi,
I have never done that particular job but access will be greatly improved by removing the air filter box.

To do that you will have to remove the air inlet hose that goes between the front of the car and the air filter.
Then undo the air outlet hose that goes to the turbo and pull it off the air box.

You then need to unclip the two large cables that attach to the ECU on top of the air filter box. They are attached to the ECU by the large clips and to the air box with other clips.
When that is all done the air box can be removed by simply pulling it towards the front of the car and slightly upwards.

Thanks Steve,

i was thinking the taking the airbox off was going to be a big job, but in the end it only took around 10-15 mins.

Basically I did the following:

Repeat the process mentioned above,
I also uncliped the MAF and MAP sensor so I don't damage any wires and to give more room to play around with.
Remove 4 bolts off the ECU rather then disconnect it from the loom.

The DPF sensor was then attached to a metal bracket with 4 bolts which I undid.
Now I had enough space to have a 3 course meal above the turbo :).

then it was easier to take the sensor off, I think it would have taken alot longer to do if I didn't take off the airbox and metal bracket.

I just need to put it all back together but had to stop due to rain!

Can do it in place but easier with air box off, think it needs to be reset using diagnostics once fitted though.

Thanks Dodipops, I heard it can be done, but I'm not sure how they do it as they either have very small hands or can do it blind-folded. I wasted 20-30 mins trying to take it off that way and it would probably have took twice as long as putting it back on. so the airbox is easier and probably quicker.

Yes i've reset it with my basic OBD and the car is no longer in limp mode. I will take it on the motorway for a good run to-do a regen as I think soot/junk in the DPF built up with the sensor being faulty over the week.

Sorry what I meant was I think you have to carry out a learn procedure when a new sensor has been fitted.
Basically it erases any stored data in the ecu that the sensor has learned

Sorry how do I do that, do I need star diagnostics or can this been with a decent diagnostics system?

Decent diagnostics. You can tell the car it's had a new DPF with tools like a snap on diagnostic machine and it will relearn all values.
Star is best of course...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom