• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W204 C350 CDI Sport Auto Electronic Suspension?

Paulm711

Car
Chrysler Crossfire
My 2010 C350 CDI Sport saloon has what I beleive to be electronic suspension? Its quite low,and drops into sport mode in the gearbox (auto) almost as soon as I pull off, is the suspension supposed to lift and lower the car according to how fast or what setting the gearbox is in? Doesn't unduly bother me,just wondered how it's supposed to work?

Sorry, I've no idea. My C350 is a 2012 model, which is the facelift version. Sport mode on mine only comes in when I press the sport button - doing that tightens the suspension and changes the gearbox settings.

My 2010 C350 CDI Sport saloon has what I beleive to be electronic suspension? Its quite low,and drops into sport mode in the gearbox (auto) almost as soon as I pull off, is the suspension supposed to lift and lower the car according to how fast or what setting the gearbox is in? Doesn't unduly bother me,just wondered how it's supposed to work?
Airmatic suspension can alter ride height. Some vehicles were offered with electronic dampers which can alter the ride stiffness but didn't change ride height.

How do I know which set up I have?

With sport mode it just makes dampers harder to rebound to give you better stability when cornering, if it goes into sport mode by itself when you start the car then usual problem is the suspension level sensors arms break

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom