W204 radiator fan on full, no aircon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NDFR

SUPPORTER
Car
C320 CDI
So I've had an interesting problem that may be of interest to someone in the future and I believe this problem could occur on any vehicle with a/c.

Started the car last Friday to have the radiator fan start up on full immediately and would not switch off, the car had been fine the day before. I thought 'strange' but got on with my day and noticed that the air-conditioning was also non existent. My mechanic took a look and STAR showed no faults on the vehicle.

A bit of of investigation with GOOGLE indicated that it may be a problem with the pressure sensor on the a/c condenser.

This article explains the problem exactly.

Engine Cooling Fan Running at Constant High Speed

This is the sensor in question

Genuine Mercedes-Benz Air Conditioning Condenser Pressure Sensor A2110000283 for sale online | eBay

It's a quick job to change but you do need to have the a/c gas removed first as removing the sensor allows the gas to escape and it's not good for the ozone layer apparently.

Luckily Groupon has an offer for a regas at ATS for £37.99 so in the end it didn't break the bank.

Hopefully if you suffer the same problem this post will help you on your way.

Interesting the Groupon price, I don't know about your part of the country but up here in the (just) North where I presume it must be cooler with less demand for aircon :p the going rate without a discount is £30-£35, the place I use allows me to go and have it emptied, go away and do what I need and then go back for a vacuum test and refill with lube and gas for £35, there is one place that advertises by the road a regas for £25 but I've never used them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom