• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W205 front wheel bearing brands

kravena

Car
2015 W205 C250D
I've got a noisy front wheel bearing (A2053340400) on my W205 (non-4matic), and before I splurge the £200+ from Mercedes, which are either a FAG,SKF or NSK re-boxed into a Mercedes box, are there any alternatives in the aftermarket.

All of the FAG/SKF/NSK are usually much less than a £80 when purchased in the aftermarket, but they are out of stock everywhere. Also, the NTN-SNR bearings are out of stock as well.

Are there any other premium brands that anyone else would recommend, or is it Mercedes only now ?

Thanks

Are INA / Timken available in the UK ?

INA seem to be a sub-brand for Schaeffler which also own FAG, and the FAG are out of stock.

SKF, INA, or Timken.

Are INA / Timken available in the UK ?

INA seem to be a sub-brand for Schaeffler which also own FAG, and the FAG are out of stock.

INA yes. Not sure about Timken.

SKF, INA, FAG, NTN-SNR, SKF = All out of stock in UK.

Timken = Not available in the UK as a Wheel bearing HUB kit (unless someone can prove me wrong)

SKF, INA, FAG, NTN-SNR, SKF = All out of stock in UK.

Timken = Not available in the UK as a Wheel bearing HUB kit (unless someone can prove me wrong)

So what brands are available in the UK?

You can also order from Europe, BTW.

So what brands are available in the UK?
  • Ridex (which looks like Autodoc's own brand)
  • Meyle
  • Drive+ (never heard of)
  • GSP
  • MOOG
  • Maxgear
  • Optimal
  • Quinton Hazell (French brand ?)
  • ESEN SKV
  • NTY
  • STARK
  • VAICO

None of these seem to be OEM level, unless someone can correct me ?

I think what's more surprising is that the major OEM providers SKF/FAG/SNR/NSK are all out of stock (globally from what I can see), unless Mercedes cleared them all out.

Febi bilstein worked just fine on my previous w211

Meyle would be my next choice. Meyle HD is preferred, where available.

(BTW, QH is a British firm, to my knowledge)

QH are or were british, I have used them over the years, think I may have seen them at the Jaguar factory in the sixties.

Last edited:
Is the £200 price tag for a complete hub assembly?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom