W211 Engine Fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercgaz

hi

My car done 89k miles, had the eng light on. I did not notice straight away.

Pulled over stopped, few times started and light still on. Went to check oil level still dont know how.? Anyway tried again light now off drive 20 miles and fine.

Got my scanner out and got this ps340 camshaft position sensor A circuit bank or single sensor, any ideas ? Im worried i have done damage and the cost.

Cleared fault and started still no fault

Well don't worry you will not have done damage,if you are not up to changing the sensor yourself then a indy will not charge a fortune to fix your car.

Cool, well light stayed out, is it still worth changing ?

Also do you think any damage done as i did not notice eml straight away, i think not but not sure

Oh any every fault video says car wont start, the eml did not come on until driving and starts fine

If the fault light went out on it's own it could mean it was a fleeting fault which in some cases will extinguish the light after a certain number of fault free re-starts. The code will still stored in memory even though the fault is no longer present.

Thanks, i used the plug diagnose machine and cleared fault, not come back since either

Phew

if the fault comes back or the car wont start just get the CPS changed .I have had a new one on evey mercedes I have owned (4) so quite common. about £140 inc labour as far as I remember

if the fault comes back or the car wont start just get the CPS changed .I have had a new one on evey mercedes I have owned (4) so quite common. about £140 inc labour as far as I remember

Thanks it has come back and gone off

Is it common to just chuck up eml light and no other symptoms ?

Also do you know how to check oil, i saw a post on how to but does not work. I was told cog 2 on key, outside temp gauge on screen press button three times, then up arrow once shows battery voltage but comes up with numbers , then service menu.

Coincidentally seems remove eml light

Its a camshaft sensor fault not a crank sensor one.

Get it checked properly if the light continues to come on. No point in throwing parts at it just yet.

Thanks it has come back and gone off

Is it common to just chuck up eml light and no other symptoms ?

Also do you know how to check oil, i saw a post on how to but does not work. I was told cog 2 on key, outside temp gauge on screen press button three times, then up arrow once shows battery voltage but comes up with numbers , then service menu.

Coincidentally seems remove eml light
The process to check oil level in Litres/Quarts is as follows,

You need to Put key to Position 1, On Outside temp, Press Reset button x3

Use the arrows once battery voltage is displayed to naviagte to the menu which has a load of ------- at the bottom, it also has some info about models of Instrument Cluster etc.

then turn key position 2, wait a couple of minutes and oil level will be displayed. ALTHOUGH DONT FULLY TRUST IT.

mine is reading 4.2 litres at the moment and i made my own dipstick and measured a full 7.3 litres, a disaster if you fill it up again to 7.3 from 4.2!!!

Best of luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom