• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W211, What is this boot accessory?

I found one of those in my e class estate exactly the same. The car had 7 seats - rear facing in the boot - and I assumed it was to do with the seats.
John

Any mb part numbers on it , could be ski's rack ??

It is just a secure storage box that is accessed by pulling forward one or both of the rear seats. Useful for an umbrella, blanket or what ever might be handy in the car, but seldom needed.

Attachments

• IMG_0458.jpeg
    IMG_0458.jpeg
    219.5 KB · Views: 12
As you can see from the 2nd pic, you need to take it out each time you need full estate capacity. Once you've taken it out a few times, it tends to stay in the garage eventually!
Yea I was trying to work out the logic behind this accessory. Not very practical at all. MB have just made it because they can!!

Their logic was that it "squares off" the storage space, giving you a neat rectangle for all your suitcases etc. while also giving you somewhere to put stuff that you don't normally need access to, or which "perhaps" is valuable but needed to be stored out of sight.. But nobody puts stuff in there, because it's usually easier to just put occasional stuff under the floor. "Ze German mind is very tidy."

The S211 "boot" is quite long, so "maybe" it also just makes things a tad more accessible.

Plenty of these things will be found on EBay and breakers, essentially worthless because they're only useful in an S211 and they're too bulky and expensive to post. Someone may "ask" £50 but they won't get it. So just find one locally and put in a cheeky offer to take it off their hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom