W212 2011 Stereo upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
it is not the Mercedes MMI cable, e.g. usb to MMI, iPod to MMI.... but the MMI socket to the media interface module, which is in my case underneath the armrest; hence I have removed the whole centre column and armrest...

Ah, I get you.

How the fek has it ended up without having the socket in place -did it ever have one or has been been messed about with in the past or something?

it is not the Mercedes MMI cable, e.g. usb to MMI, iPod to MMI.... but the MMI socket to the media interface module, which is in my case underneath the armrest; hence I have removed the whole centre column and armrest...

It's bugging me why you only seen to have it in the centre armrest.
I've had two Eclass S212 2009 and a 2011 version.
Both had the MMI socket in the glove box.
My first one had a car phone socket in the armrest which was the same fitment, but would only work with a Mercedes car phone holder.
Are you sure it's not this you're looking at?

Ah, I get you.

How the fek has it ended up without having the socket in place -did it ever have one or has been been messed about with in the past or something?

It has the socket, it only works with the Jack adapter.... all other adapters do not work. So it seems that some of the connections / pins in the socket may be faulty... hence trying to source a new cable... even been ringing around people who are breaking Mercedes with no luck....

It's bugging me why you only seen to have it in the centre armrest.
I've had two Eclass S212 2009 and a 2011 version.
Both had the MMI socket in the glove box.
My first one had a car phone socket in the armrest which was the same fitment, but would only work with a Mercedes car phone holder.
Are you sure it's not this you're looking at?

My s212 only has the mmi socket in the central glove box. Unless I've missed one in the passenger glove box. I'm sure I've looked though.

How about something like 10.25 inch android headunit installed - MBWorld.org Forums

There has just been a new one released which is currently going through testing with Chris.

They do look like the nutz......do they have DAB though? And is there a direct link to a RHD version to buy....that thread on MBworld is a rather hefty thing to trawl through to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom