W212 2014 - 6 CD changer or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, ML63, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
The 2014 E350 CDI I very recently bought has, according to the ad (from a reputable dealer who knows his stuff), a 6 CD changer. However, the load/eject button marking is only the basic triangle with a line underneath, not a depiction of several discs, and when I press it there's no message asking me which slot I want to load a disc into. Am I correct in thinking that the car does not, in fact, have a 6 CD changer?

Hi,
Does this help you ??
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Steve

Thank you. I've seen that, and the 'load/eject' button has what appears to be a pic of several discs one behind the other. Mine hasn't; it only has the pyramid with a line beneath it, which is what leads me to suspect it's just a single CD player.

I hope somebody with a UK model facelift W212 with a 6 Cd player will confirm that they have the stack of discs pic on their button, to confirm my assumption.

Thank you. I've seen that, and the 'load/eject' button has what appears to be a pic of several discs one behind the other. Mine hasn't; it only has the pyramid with a line beneath it, which is what leads me to suspect it's just a single CD player...

The above statement is correct...

Thank you. Looks like I'll have to load all my CDs onto an SD card, then.

Thinks: I wonder how much it would cost to retrofit a head unit with the 6 Cd changer? Probably the earth...

Thank you. Looks like I'll have to load all my CDs onto an SD card, then.

Thinks: I wonder how much it would cost to retrofit a head unit with the 6 Cd changer? Probably the earth...
I think yours is COMAND NTG4.5, prices second-hand range from ~£700 to ~£1,000, but even so the 6CD changer units are not very common.

The SD-Card is the way to go... 16gb or 32gb is usually more than enough. You could obviously copy the music to the internal HDD, but I don't bother...

Got the 6 disc on mine. You're not missing out on much as I have not used a single cd since getting the car back in feb.

Thank you, gentlemen. All my music is on CD, so I use the CD player a lot, but at that price I don't think I really need to upgrade the unit, so SD card it will be. Any suggestions on what make to buy (or not buy...)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom