• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W463 300GES G Wagon side steps for swb

Pete78

Car
300GES
Does anyone have experence of finding side OE style steps for a swb G Wagon W463 300GES year 1993. Or has anyone cut down a set from a lwb, although it loos like the end caps are fixed on most of the advertised steps i've seen. I've seen some of the later G320 / G500 have them, maybe original Mercedes? Thanks

I suggest you contact these guys? Direct 4x4 this video shows how the side steps are fitted on a LWB it would appear the end caps are held on with screws so you may be able to get LWB ones modified if some of the mounting holes in the chassis are there?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I contacted those guys already, no joy for a swb. You'd think it would be quite simple!

What everyone seems to do is buy LWB ones and mod them. First thing I would do is check out what mounting holes are available on the SWB chassis - if any? and after that its an electric hacksaw and maybe a large drill bit? I'm kinda surprised that Direct 4x4 didn't suggest that.:confused:
The finished article showing what's possible.
33587499293_9e3766aa92_c.jpg

I appreciate your advice. I thought as long as the end caps come off, it shouldn't be that hard. There are steps on it already but they aren't the right ones, I'd like the OE look as per that pic you posted, where the end caps are flush. I'll give Direct 4x4 a call, as I only enquired about an off the shelf set to fit a SWB. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom